But then, I heard him. 

"Noona?"

Please for the love of god...I know that voice.

Please let me be wrong!

"Noona!"

I froze again, and I stared at Yoongi as he stared at the door we had just exited. I could hear the echo of footsteps coming towards me, and turned to see the one person I was hoping I wouldn't run into, the person I never wanted to see again.

The one person I who could bring me to a heal, and the one person I still to this day desperately wanted to call mine. 

I saw him straight on this time, his mouth open in a wide smile and his eyes glued to me.

"It is you!"

His smile was as paralyzing as ever, and his handsome face was only more stunning as he grew. Though only a year younger than me, he did not look like a man of 27, his complexion still as perfect as it was when we graduated. He made his way to me and stood next to me, so close I could reach out and touch him, but I resisted. 

I didn't say anything or move, I just stood there. 

He moved towards me again, wrapped me in a warm hug and I breathed in his familiar scent that remember used to linger on my pillow or on my clothes. 

He even smells the same.

I was staring wide eyed at Yoongi, and he was staring right back. With a sigh, his breath caressed against the skin of my neck giving me chills. 

"It's been so long." He whispered to me, his hands holding me close to him. The palm of his hands were pressed tightly against my back and with one more squeeze he pulled me into his body even more. "I can't believe it's you." 

"It's good to see you, Jin." I managed to say as I tried to keep myself in check. 

"It is so good to see you, Noona." He pulled from the hug and his smile was still plastered across his face and I almost fell over from it. 

Behind him Yoongi cleared his throat and Jin's head jerked to the side and his smile widened even more. "Yoongi!" he greeted, letting go of me. 

I felt a mix of relief and grief when he let go of me. I was able to let out the breath I had been holding, but I also felt cold without his arms around me. An all too familiar feeling. But it gave me the opportunity to push my back up against the wall for support, watching his exchange with Yoongi. 

"Good to see you hyung." Yoongi said giving him a short hug. 

"I am so happy you both are here, it's been years since I've seen you." he turned back over to me and his eyes were sad. "I was looking for you since I got here but I couldn't find you. I was going to go up to my room when I couldn't find you." 

"You have a room here?" 

"Oh well of course." he smiled. "It's my hotel."

"Your hotel?" I asked

He smiled. "Yeah I own several of them across the country. I am just now reaching out with different businesses. Where are you two going?" 

"Um...my feet hurt so I was going to change my shoes."  I lied quickly.

"Well can we catch up when you come back down?"

"I thought you weren't going to be here?" I asked unable to stop it from slipping through my teeth. 

"I wasn't." he laughed leaning against the wall across from me. "I had a meeting but I rescheduled it." 

"Why?" I asked, not realizing that I was being cold. 

"Honestly because I wanted to see if you would be here." 

"Why?" 

He scoffed. "Shit, Noona. We were best friends since we were 5, and you up and left one day without so much as a goodbye and I have not seen you since. I kind of wanted to know why." He said slowly. 

"I got my dream job, and I took it. Yoongi and I left to build a life for ourselves." 

His eye brow raised and he turned towards Yoongi. "You two are together?" 

"God no. Namjoon would have a field day with that." He scoffed. 

"Who?" 

"My boyfriend." 

"Oh..." 

"Yep." 

Jin nodded and I rolled my eyes. But then he turned back to me. "Well when you come back down, lets catch up?" 

"I don't think that is a good idea, Jin." 

"Why not?" 

"I mean...its been 8 years. What do you really want me to tell you?" 

He looked over to Yoongi and then back to me. "Look, can we have this conversation between you and me?" He looked back over to Yoongi. "No offence dude, but I have more history with her than you and I want this to be a one on one convo."

Yoongi was about to respond but I stopped him raisin my hand. "It's fine." I sighed. 

He raised an eye brow at me. "Are you sure?" 

I nodded. "Thank you." Jin said. He leaned up of the wall and took me by the hand. "Follow me, we can use the conference room for privacy." 

I was pulled down the long hallway and with one last glance behind me, I saw the worried look on Yoongi's face, before we turned down a different hallway and I was pulled into a room that Jin had to unlock. 

He then locked the door as I walked to the other side of the room trying to calm my body from the idea of being alone with him for the first time in 8 years. 

When I made it to the other side of the room, I took a deep breath and let it out turning back towards him. He stood at the other end of the long table, starting at me with his beautiful eyes. 

I could see the determination in them. 

I could see that he was going to get the answers he wanted. 

I knew he was, because I was never able to say no to him. 

Not once.