#Chapter 1

It's dark. I don't know where am I going. The only thing I see in front of me is a green coloured duck....wait, what? A green coloured duck? I must be dreaming. No, I know that I'm dreaming. But it's an interesting dream, plus I really have no intention of waking up early in the morning. So I decide to go on.  I've GOT to see why is that duck green. I walk towards the duck. I'm really close now...but suddenly, the duck starts screaming in an extremely horrible voice. Shut up, duck! Don't you see you are disturbing my sleep? And I'm not liking that very much.  But I don't know what is it screaming for. It sounds like he's saying a word very frequently. So I carefully listen. 

           'Sawyer! Sawyer!!!' It's shouting. Oh freak! That's my name! 

           'What is it, ducky? Please let me sleep.' I mumble.

            'I'm not a duck, Saw. It's me.'

         Suddenly, that voice doesn't sound like a duck anymore. It sounds like Mandy, my best friend  forever. 

             'Mandy? Is it you?'

             'Yeah, it's me.'

              'What are you doing in my dream?'

            'This seems like your room, more than your dream, Saw. Wake up. We're going to be late  for school.'

           Time to wake up, I guess. I hate it. I glance at my alarm clock, hoping Mandy is wrong. But, shit! She's right. We're going to be late if I don't get ready in 10 minutes. It's okay for me, actually.Even 10 minutes is too much.

              I quickly get out of the bed. I change into my favourite pair of jeans, a white t-shirt and the coolest  jacket ever while brushing my teeth. Then I brush my straight, black hair, apply a little mascara and chapstick and voila! I'm ready! I run down the staircase and rush into the dinning room. I see some sandwiches in a plate. I guess that's supposed to be my breakfast. So I grab two of them and head out of the house.

                 'Bye, mom!' I say before closing the door behind me. I can see Mandy's car parked some distance away. She's already in there. She's waiting for me, texting someone. She has a sheepish smile on her face.  She keeps the phone away as I enter and starts the car. 

                   'So, how was your weekend?' she asks after a couple of minutes.

              I wonder why would she ask me such a question. She knows that my weekends are always boring. See, I usually don't have any plans for weekends, 'cause l have a lot of work to do in home since I'm member of various groups and clubs in school. Not that I'm actually interested, but I assumed that it would look good on my college application. And trust me, I seriously want to get admission in an actually good college.

                   'Fine.' I answer, munching my sandwich.' And yours?' the question slips out of my mouth before I can stop myself and I instantly regret it. How can I be so dumb? Mandy asked me about my weekend because she wanted me to ask her about hers in back. I totally forgot that she had a  date with this guy of lowest I.Q. in the whole school on sunday. Now I'll have to hear the ins and outs of their stupid date. 

                  Do I always have to be so right? She starts filling me with every detail of their date, like how romantic he was and when they held hands and blah, blah , blah. I don't know what she says next, 'cause that's the time I stop paying attention. Eating sandwich is much more interesting.

             I think that Mandy is wasting her time. She will go on dates with this guy for a month or two. Then he'll ask her to be his girlfriend. I'm pretty sure that she'll say yes. They'll date happily for another two months or so. Then he'll get bored. They'll break up. She'll cry. Yep, that's what's exactly going to happen in next six months. And if I know this already, why am I letting my dear friend waste the precious time of her last year in highschool? Actually, I'm not.