chapter 18

◈◈◈◈◈

"So boruto, (name)-chan how's the bodyguard gig go?" Sarada asks while the four of you are walking in the hallway but didn't get a response from her sister. Sarada look over from her sister behind looks like she's thinking so hard she lost in the real world.

Boruto respond sarada's questions while sarada and mitsuki worriedly made a last look at their teammate.

'Something is not right...' At last she's finally out from her thoughts they entered a room opening the door while boruto is babbling about how he, (name) and tento became friends.

"Huh?"their eyes went in front only to be surprised.

"It's all messy again"(name) commented looking at her surroundings full of scrolls in the floor and scattered books in the corner. Konohamaru's head pop out in the table in front.

"Ah! You're here! Watch your steps"he warned and stood up holding a scroll in his hands as he sat on his chair.

"Mirai's gonna yell at you again, sensei" boruto warned. "Don't tell me you called us to clean your office--ow!"(name) grip his ear before flicking it. "That hurts (name)-chan"mitsuki chuckled.

"Don't be ridiculous. I wouldn't summon you to my office...for anything less than this"konohamaru said slamming the scroll surprising your teammates.

"Is that..."

"...your new mission and it's a B-rank"konohamaru finished it.

"B-rank?! Isn't that something only highly-level ninja like chunin normally take-on?"sarada said. Konohamaru nods.

"That's right, I've determined you can handle it"konohamaru said eyeing (name).

"It's not all that rare actually. Lord kazekage cleared a b-rank missions as a genin too"mitsuki explained then turn to (name) and gave her a close eyed smile. "Of course the konoha has also a clearer of b-rank missions"sarada and boruto gasp in shocked.

"(Name)?!"they shouted causing you to sweatdrop. "That's right, (name) is sometimes do a b-rank missions on her own. Anyway..."konohamaru added.

'Following the steps of lord kasekage and (name)-chan? Sounds appropriate for a hokage in training! Sounds exciting!' Sarada said in her mind pushing her glasses glinting in confidence and determination.

'Us rookie genin taking on b-rank mission? A difficulty level old man gaara and (name)-chan handled?, Awesome!'boruto said in his mind.

"The flip side of great expectations...is that your cred will plummet that much lower if you messed up.But don't lower down your guard"Konohamaru explained. "Worst case scenario...you might have to start all over, like scrubbing this room with rags"he smirked.

"You don't want that, do you? So you better show me some grit!"

"Yes sir!"