Chapter 33B - Letters, visitors and hurt

Giving her a hug, “Not bad thankyou,” I look at Carlisle, “Evening Carlisle.”

He hugs me fiercely, “Thankyou for coming,” pointing, “shall we?”

Carlisle knocks on the door, Hunters voice calls out, “Come in, we're in the office.”

Putting the helmet down I follow, I see Jasper and Emmett, “Hey Jasper,” He nods, “oh look the giant is here.” I smirk.

Emmett slaps me on the back, “If it isn't sleeping beauty.” He laughs.

I punch him on the arm before sitting down, “Hi Hunter.”

“Ara.” Hunter nods.

I notice a tall blond haired vampire talking with Carlisle, I smile politely. The blond vampire begins talking, the more he talks he angrier I feel, not because of him but because of who he is talking about and the theory, if my blood could boil, it would.

Emmett asks, “Why would they bother?” His arms are crossed.

I answer before anyone else, “To get rid of the Volturi, it's been their plan for centuries, maybe even before they created me.” I try to calm down.

“So why try and recruit a wolf?” Emmett asks again.

Again I answer, I try and keep my voice level, “Think about it Emmett, a wolf like that from the Quiliette tribe, they are designed to kill us.” I stifle back a laugh, Emmett's face is an absolute picture.

“Why now?” asks the blond vampire.

I think for a second before replying, “They seem to think this is the perfect time, gather together the perfect army, over throw the Volturi and claim the throne for themselves.” I'm starting to tire of hearing their names.

The blond steps cautiously towards me, “I'm Fred.” He smiles sweetly.

I shake his hand, “Ara Storm, pleased to-” my phone rings, “excuse me,” I step out the front door, “Hello.”

“Ms. Storm, this is Henry Calvert, I need you at Forks general, I'm sorry it is short notice and that it is so late.”

Looking at my watch, it is approaching 3am, “Sure, can be there in just over half an hour, just have to nip home and change.”

“Thankyou, I will meet you at the front desk.”

“Okay, see you there.”

“Thanks again Ara, bye.”

As I turn towards the door, Carlisle is there, “Sorry Carlisle, I gotta love ya and leave ya, I'm needed at work.”

He smiles and walks back in, I follow, “Gotta go, duty calls, Carlisle please keep me upto date,” I turn, “bye everyone.” Grabbing the helmet from the floor I quietly shut the door get on the bike and make my way home.

I'm on my way home after 25hrs at work, simply can't wait to get home, I feel tired and want my creature comforts, reminds me I have to hunt tomorrow. It's nearly 5am.

I grab my mail from the box, unlock my door, walk in drop the helmet, flick a light switch and flop on the sofa. Looking through the mail, it's mainly bills, until I see two handwritten letters, one stamped from Italy, the other hand delivered, I swipe the one from Italy tossing the rest next to me on the sofa. Opening the letter it is from Felix and reads as follows -

Ara,

We have reason to believe we have been given false information, if you hear from either Vladimir and Stefan, contact us.