𝒯𝒽𝒾𝓇𝓉𝓎

Start from the beginning

"You burnt it down to stop my son being at that same wedding." Mr. Changretta said, aware of the men's plans.

"Yeah, he wasn't missed." Arthur replied, enjoying his tea. His comment made John laugh, while the Italian man chuckled sarcastically.

"You are such big boys now. " Mr.Changretta smirked, eyeing the two men. "Where once you borrowed clothes from us to look like men."

"How's the tea, Arthur?" John asked his brother, ignoring the old man's comment.

Deborah rolled her eyes and folded her arms, sick of the two men's joking. She watched as Arthur poured his tea on the ground, splashing against one of the Italian men.

"Look, Mr. Changretta, I understand you want to keep peace between our two families, we want the same." Deborah began, eyes narrowed on the man. "However, I'm warning you now, tell your son to stay away from Lizzie Stark. If he speaks to her, or even looks her way again, matters will be handed to the Peaky Blinders, not just a friendly chat with the Shelby family."

John and Arthur glanced at each other from the corner of their eyes, both noticing the tone of Deborah's voice. She was being strategic, not threatening the men but giving them a warning.

"Well, Mrs. Shelby." Mr. Changretta sent her a fake smile. "Please tell Tommy that we pay him whatever he asks us to pay. We stay out of the city and off the tracks. But you tell him from me that my son will walk with any woman in this city. Any woman he chooses. Even if that woman works for the Emperor, Thomas Shelby. My son is in love..."

John scoffed at the man's words and sniggered. "Sorry. Do excuse me. Carry on." He grinned amausingly.

"And if he wishes, he will walk with the woman he loves." Mr. Changretta finished.

"OK." John nodded and reached for the pot of tea, pouring himself a cup. "Y'know, it'd be hard for your son to walk anywhere with a bullet in each knee, wouldn't it?"

Deborah's breath caught in her throat, shocked by John's sudden threat. She placed a hand on Arthur's shoulder and squeezed, warning him of the trouble John has caused.

"Too much." Mr. Changretta hissed, pointing a finger at the younger man. "You said too much, my friend. Sabini says, 'Suck and swallow'. But no. Too much. I spit." The Italian gangster stormed off in anger, as his men slammed one of the chairs to the floor.

"Oh, fucking..." John cursed, watching the chair break to pieces. "Bit strong. Fucking hell."

"Isiah." Arthur caught the boys attention. "Put two extra men on our pubs in Nechells."

"What you talking about, Arthur? We're not scared of fucking eyeties any more." John questioned, oblivious to the trouble he has caused.

Arthur raised from his seat and stood beside the young women. "Clean this up and don't tell Tommy about the chair." Deborah ordered.

"We're not scared of fucking wops!" John called to them, as they walked away.

Deborah looked over her shoulder and glared at the man. "You've gone and done it now, John." She growled.

When they stood at the gates of Charlie's yard, Arthur cursed and kicked the mettle bars. Deborah sighed and leaned against the wall, smoking a cigarette and watching the man let out his frustrations.

"What was he fucking thinking?" Arthur muttered, searching through his pocket for his cigarettes.

"He wasn't, thats the problem." Deborah huffed, taking another puff. "He's cares too much about Lizzie and now he's put a target on his own head."