𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

PARTIES AND RUSSIANS

   LOUD CHEERS RANG through the church, as the priest finally announced the marriage of Deborah and Tommy

   LOUD CHEERS RANG through the church, as the priest finally announced the marriage of Deborah and Tommy. The newly weds beamed at each other, before turning to face their families. The Shelby's grew louder, with Arthur and John's yelling booming over the others, but Deborah's relatives looked unimpressed by the noise in the sacred building.

After a lot of yelling and fighting, everyone had gathered outside for the family photo. Almost all the guests joined in, with the newly weds standing centre stage. The photographer announced that it was time for the photos to be taken and everyone smiled at the camera.

"Just the bride and groom now." The photographer yelled, over the playful screams of the children.

Deborah clutched Tommy's arm, watching as their family and friends began to scatter off to the side. She noticed her husband's eyes locked on an unfamiliar man and the young women remembered what she had found days ago in her husband's office. It was a telegram from a man who wrote about a deal between the Russians. It was obviously a Russian and as much as Deborah wanted to question Tommy about it, she left it be for the moment.

Instead, she looked up at her husband and scowled at his emotionless face and the cigarette that hung from his lips. With a huff, she reached up and pulled it out from his mouth and threw it to the floor. "These are our wedding photos. I don't want to look back at them in ten years and see my husband looking bored and smoking a cigarette." Deborah snapped, before grinning as the camera flashed.

"One more." The photographer said.

"Smile, for me." Deborah begged and thankfully Tommy listened.

Once all the photos were taken, everyone began to leave for, heading back to Arrow House for the reception. Tommy wrapped a shivering Deborah in his coat and guided them towards the horse and carriage waiting for them. He helped his new wife into the front seat, before turning and mumbling something to his older brother. Deborah reached down and lifted her daughter from Polly's arms, greeting her with a kiss as she settled down on her lap.

Tommy climbed into the seat beside his wife and gripped the reins of the horses, spurring them onwards. Deborah bounced a giggling Veronica on her knee, as Tommy brought them home. A comfortable silence fell upon the family for a few minutes, as they took a moment to take in everything that had happened.

"I'm finally a Shelby." Deborah said, playing with her daughter's small hands. "After all these years."

"Jeremiah didn't know what to call you when he announced your name." Tommy laughed, remembering the incident during the exchanging of the vows. "He bloody froze when he tried to remember if he was supposed to call you Rose or Soloman. You looked like you were going to kill him."

"I told him almost ten times yesterday to call me Deborah Rose Soloman." Deborah groaned, shaking her head. "I knew either way my relatives weren't going to be happy."