Chapter 9 (The Threat)

Me: I got the dress. Its beautiful.

Peter Kyle: Not as beautiful as you.

Omg. My heart stopped beating.

I am joking. The conversation went like this:

Me: I got the dress. Its beautiful.

Peter Kyle: I know right. I saw it and thought it would match the color of my suit.

Me: good idea.

I put my phone down before picking up the dress. I went to stand in front of my mirror with the dress held against myself.

"Wine colour whale," I whispered as I let the dress drop to the ground.

I sat down on my bed before I grabbed my laptop and quickly checked my emails to see that I got fifteen new emails.

It was from the same email address.

RichardCompany@gmail.com

Richard.

I opened the emails one by one only to see that it was the exact same email sent more than once.

Get here. If your not here by an hour your fired.

I frowned before sending a message back to him.

Dear Richard, thank you for your lovely but firm email. Your email was sent 3 hours ago so I guess I am fired. But just to let you know, you never hired me your father did. So as long as your father wants me I am not going anywhere. 😉

I sent the email with a smirk before leaving my room to get ready for my outing.

                           ***
I sat myself down on a bench and got my water bottle out. I couldn't help but drink quickly due to my thirst. I had been walking around for a while because I was thinking about the event I was going to go with Peter.

It isn't a date.

But it is because Peter asked me. He could have asked anyone else.

So it's a date.

No one goes on dates looking like a wine colour whale and I need to fix that.

There isn't much you can do!

I shook my head angrily at my thoughts because I knew it was true.

The event was tomorrow and today is going to be a day hard work.

I shoved my water bottle angrily in my bag before taking of in the direction of my home.

*

Squat.

Stand up.

Five star jumps.

Stop.

Jog on the spot for a minute straight.

Stop.

Punch mid air.

Stop.

Squat.

MIRANDA!

Stand up.

MIRANDA!

Five star jumps.

MIRANDA!

Stop.

Jog on the spot for a minute straight.

MIRANDA!

Stop.

Punch mid air.

MIRANDA!

I stopped and turned around to face the direction of the noise. It was mum and she was upstairs. My mum probably couldn't find me because I was in the basement.

I am never in the basement.

I slowly climbed up the stairs and opened the basement door and saw my mother pacing around, looking very frantic.

"Mum I am just working out!"

Mum turned and looked at me before handing me a letter. "This was mailed for you."

"Its opened," I explained causing my mum to frown.

"I opened it. You know there is no such thing as a private letter in this house, right?"

I pulled out the paper from the ripped envelope before unfolding the paper.

Dear Sweet Miranda, you were warned. Not once but twice about showing your face in work. I am afraid I am going to have to take action. Hopefully I don't see you after what I am about to do. If I were you I would take the front row seat at your balcony. Enjoy the show

1803

I looked up at my mum.

"1803? What does that mean?" I asked with a frown. Mum squeezed her face up in confusion before her eyes widened.

"6:03PM!" Mum ran up the stairs with me following close by. We rushed into my room and pulled the door open before going out into the balcony.

We looked around but didn't see anything.

I briefly went back into my room to see that the time was 6:18pm.

"Mum I think we missed whatever it was."

Mum stood staring at the neighbour hood quietly. "No I think I see it. Wait here!"

I waited till she left the balcony before I wrapped my legs around the pole and helped myself down. 

Mum walked out through the front door and looked at me in shock. "I went down the pole."

"I told you to stay up."

"Well I didn't want-"

"SOMEONE HELP!"

Me and mum looked at each other.

It was a neighbour. We rushed to the direction of the shouts and that's when we saw it.

A dog laying on the grass. It's body was in tack except it didn't seem to have his head.

An old lady kneeling over the dog's body continued to cry. Then she looked up at me and my mum. She wasnt just anyone she was the old lady.

The one we always seem to annoy.

Richard was going to pay for this.