okay

Enjoy the chapter!🤍

"You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough." ——Mae West

———————————————————

Chapter 50
<——————————————->

Today had been...something else.

Every where I turned, eyes were focused in my direction. At first, I thought it was because of my fight with Amber, but once I heard the whispers of my peers, I knew the news of Kade and I's relationship had spread.

'Did you hear? Kade and that new girl—whatsherface—are dating!'

'What the hell was Kade thinking?'

'Just look at her!'

'I'll give them a week...no, a day."

I wondered if Kade was handling this as badly as I was.

I rolled my eyes at myself as I realized it's Kade.

I held the straps of my bag with a tighter grip than before. The bag suffered my wrath as my nails scratched at the tough material. I nibbled on my lip as I made my way to the lunchroom.

Seeing my friends in the lunch line lightened my mood, though. Jax and Maggie waved me over to join them in the lengthy line, but the putrid smell, and dried appearance of day old spaghetti was what stopped me.

I sat at our usual table as I awaited for the three of them to join me. As I felt more eyes weigh on me like concrete, I soon wished that I had at least stood with them in order to avoid the looks.

The lunch line was much longer today, but I noticed how close my friends were getting to the end. Thank god.

I pulled out my English IV book, along with the binder. This was the perfect time to get some extra work done.

I'd already completed half of the assignment in the course, much to my gratitude. I finished it up quickly, before deciding to work on the next page.

I began writing, but something dared my eyes away. The stares from my peers were still high, but the one that caught my eye the most?

Carter.

He sat with a group of his friends, though his eyes were on me. His face was stilled over, so I couldn't read much—

I jumped at the sound of a chair scraping against the cafeteria floor. I guessed that it was Raven, Jax, or Maggie, but once I raised my eyes, I was still very pleased.

I looked at the two drinks in front of me. Kade held two large plastic plates in his hands, before placing them down as well.

My smile grew. "Hi," I said with a breathless voice.

He nodded at me. "How's your day been?"

I smiled as he took a seat to the side of me. "Besides the continuous stares from our peers, it's been great."

Kades' lips pressed together as he nodded. He scooted one of the plates closer to him, before popping it open.

The appetizing scent of french fries overpowered the cafeteria stench. I popped the plate open, my smile widening at the sight of chili cheese fries.

"Thank you," I offered, my eyes jumping between him and the plate with admiration. "You always know the way to my heart. Fries."

Just by looking at him, I could see that his mind was elsewhere. I could guess that it was about something at the cages.