.XVII

ALLISON

I have no idea why Luke is acting so kind today. Even though he completely snobbed me when I thanked him.

Was he stoned or something?

I took a warm bath in his bathroom, and put on his clothes. I put on his sweatpants, which are hanging low on my hips, because they're too large for me.

But at least they feel comfortable.

Then I put on his Kurt Cobain shirt.

His clothes smell so good.

I didn't just say that.

I neatly folded my own clothes and placed them inside my bag, and went out quietly to his room. I caught a glimpse of his digital clock on the bedside table, saying it's 12:35 am.

Thank goodness it's Friday. I'll probably call Ashton tomorrow and ask him if I could crash in his place.

He lives separately from his parents, but then he still has full access to them.

It's so weird being kicked out of your house through a phone call.

My mother is probably psychotic.

My phone sounded, and I immediately fished for it inside my bag.

It's my dad. Dad? Probably not anymore.

I found a double door just beside his bed, and I went out to his balcony.

I took a deep breath before answering the phone and placing it in my ear.

"Hey, Allison." My father sounds so desperate. "So now you know?" I quietly said, but it doesn't matter anyway, Luke's balcony is facing the forest. No one will possibly hear me.

"Yes. I'm sorry.. I didn't know anything about this."

He sounds so..... pitiful I can't even discover if he really is.

"Yeah. Right. Thanks." I sarcastically said,while leaning my body on the metal railings.

"Don't be sarcastic on me, Allison."

"So now you're asking me not to be sarcastic? What more could everyone ask of me? Ask me to kill myself?"

"Stop it, Allison."

"Maybe you should tell your goody-of-a-wife to stop it, instead of me!"

I am so angry now, and I can imagine my father flinching as I screamed.

"Where are you right now?" He asked, definitely and clearly changing the subject.

"Why do you care, anyway? You could have told me to kill myself instead.... Instead of doing this."

"You're not attending your support groups anymore."

"Bullshit, father! Stop ignoring my questions!"

"I could give you money, a job, anything, Allison."

"I don't want anything from you! From either one of you! Stop doing this to me and telling me that i'm depressed! Because i'm fucking hell not depressed!"f

"I'm sorry, Allison. I really am. I didn't know anything about any of this."

" I don't need your shitty sympathy!"

And I pressed end call.

As I went back in, I heard the television from outside the door. And realization hit me.

What if Luke heard me?

I silently creeped out of his room and down the stairs, and saw him sleeping peacefully on the couch.