.XV

ALLISON

Luke is an asshole.

He wants victory only for himself.

I walked away as fast as I could away from him, and to Chemistry. But then he was still following me, hands in his pockets, staring at me emotionless.

I ignored him and opened the door to the class, but then I was late.

"You're late, Fleurs." Mr. Rusett looked up from the lab table of Kian Lawley.

I swear I could melt right now, just at the sight of him.

"And Hemmings." He breathed out.

"Since you two are late, then both of you are going to be partners. Proceed to your table, please." He muttered and looked back down. "We're about to start, so please start moving away from that spot."

I glanced at Luke who had the same expression, disgust.

I sat down first, placing my bag on the table. He followed, and put his bag on his lap.

Kian turned his head to look at me, and smiled. "I hope you win." He said, leaving me a bit confused.

"Win... What?"

"The contest. I mean, I know how badly you want to leave this hellhole. Don't worry, you've got all my support." He smiled, and I smiled back.

"Thank you." I swear I almost fainted as he grinned.

He turned back to his seat, and chatted with his seatmate.

Mr. Rusett explained all the things that we have to do, in which I never actually listened. I just stared on my hands for the whole time, doing nothing other than that.

Luke did all the work, in which I just kept my gaze fixed on how he put and mixed all the ingredients.

"You do know that staring is rude, right?" He said. "I'm looking at the liquids, idiot." I muttered, tearing my gaze off.

"Whatever." He cussed under his breath, and finished mixing everything. He then jotted down notes, on what we or more than he, observed.

We all passed our papers, at the same time the bell rang. It's time to go to detention.

"I can see you've got detention, Fleurs. Goodluck with that." He grinned, showing off his dimples.

I don't know if his smile is real or sarcastic, but I just nodded, while looking down. I don't want him to think i'm ASSUMING things again.

I walked away from him, to the other direction. I stopped in front of the classroom where detention is always held, and I entered the room for the first time in my whole High School life.

There are just a few students in here.

Danny, the cool Hawaiian guy, Anna, the coolest swimmer ever, and Scott, the lacrosse team captain.

I sat down next to Scott, earning a smile from him. "What are you here for?" He asked me, as he shifted on his seat to look at me. "I... Kind of had a small fight with Mr. Lawley earlier." I trailed off, and he silently laughed.

"How about you?" I asked back. "I broke a chair by repeatedly rocking it." This time I laughed, but then I was shushed by a woman whom I don't even freaking know.

"Everybody be silent or i'll add thirty minutes to your detention." She warned, which made Scott chhuckle at me.

_______________

I don't know why i'm just emotionally sensitive.

Am I sick? No i'm not. Definitely not sick.

I don't know why I wanted to die before, for the past months, or why I even hurt myself. I'm not depressed just because I found out i'm adopted, or because my parents never even cared for me.

It's because of Luke. Starting off on sophomore year when I liked him, he started bullying me to no end. Teasing me, pouring tons of shaving cream inside my locker, placing bottles of beer inside my locker, and more that I couldn't remember.

I was called to the principal's office when that happened. It was tragic.

I was depressed because I started to hurt myself. It started when I was walking home and I accidentally slashed my arm on the branch of a tree. Hopefully there we're no splinters or whatever, and then there, I was so intrigued to do it.

Then in that moment, I realized that when you start it, you couldn't stop it anymore.

I just think that it feels good, but people call it self harm, in which they also call as.. Attention Seekers.

No, I am not an Attention Seeker. I don't seek for attention. I don't want any attention.

I never went back to Dr. Irwin, or even to any doctor and therapist. I think that, my parents insisting that there is something bad inside my brain, is just making it worse.

This life is full of mixed emotions that I don't understand

_______

Sucky filler, I know.