.XIV

ALLISON 👽

I don't think i'm brave enough to handle things myself.

But I actually made Ashton let go of me. He pried his hands away from the embrace he's been giving me, and I walked away.

To be really honest, I don't know where i'm going. I just wanted to be alone.

But I don't even know how I ended up in front of our gate. I walked to the black, rusty metal doors, keeping a large mansion inside. I tried reaching for the handle and grab it open, but it wouldn't budge.

It's locked.

I don't know why my parents wasted such large money for a 'modern' mansion with a large fountain on the front lawn, with stupid, useless marble pavements, when we could live on a normal porched wood house.

I thought about that a couple of times, and now i've got a conclusion:

Oftentimes, families with large, mansions and classy houses, have sad lives, while other families that live in small porched houses are happy together, despite the lack of space.

Also like, medium sized houses, like Luke's. They have a pretty large house, but either way they're happy.

I'm really jealous of those people, because I don't crave wealth, I crave happiness , unbuyable happiness. The one that is real and isn't bought.

But it seems impossible for me to aim for those things. It's too far out of my league.

I remembered the way I walked, where in I went in and out from my window. The way where Luke walked me, and where I fell and someone took a video of it.

Even if it hurt me, The hell I care.

I walked through a small clearing before I reached our backyard. The pool is illuminating the whole deck, making it seem gloomy qnd full of light.

I walked slowly to the sliding door leading to our kitchen from the backyard, but it's locked.

Of course.

I went round to the front door, to see if it's open, and thankfully, it is.

My leg still hurts as hell from the impact when I fell last week.

The lights are off, and I switched it on to go to the kitchen to feth some water. I turned the lights back off and went inside my room.

They're all asleep, I guess. Except for dad who's actually a secret agent of some sort, that works with Calum Hood's father.

My phone lit up, signalling someone texted me.

Unknown number:

_ Everybody be alarmed of the valentines day dance next week! No need for a partner if you don't have one! You could be a third wheel if you'd like. Goodluck guys!

- Junior President -

Of course I won't go. Such a fool of me to think I will.

Life is so depressing. I don't even know if my purpose in this world is to actually suffer, to suffer in front of everyone's eyes, to be fought for people's pleasure.

I'm not a toy they just spit words to, I also have feelings.

ALLISON

I already passed my artwork to Mrs. Marks, and I almost slapped her in the face when she spilled that the deadline is actually next week, but the principal wanted it shorter.

And the result is after also next week, which is just days from now. I swear I almost fainted.

I zoned out in all my classes, sometimes sleeping, or sometimes just staring out into space.