Kicking Back with the Boys

Start from the beginning

She shifted her gaze to the top bunk, Vik's bunk, his back turned to her. It's weird the way he usually sleeps, she didn't like to stare, only doing it in the middle of the night when she couldn't sleep. But something about Vik's position stuck out to her.

Whenever he slept in a normal bed, whether it be in a hotel or back at home, he always had an odd expression. It wasn't anything silly, broading, or whatever, it really was just a plain expression.

But that's just it, it was too plain, too peaceful. It's as if he's always having the same dream, or if he was dreaming at all... maybe she was looking too deep into it. Something Linda said to her once. None of her business she said.

She was right, it wasn't any of her business. But she couldn't get the thought out of her head, it was so... odd to her. She couldn't tinker with her experiments, without waking up and frustrating the others, and she couldn't sleep. 

Looking down beside Linda and Vik's bunks, she saw that Vik's bag was opened, with a flat screened tablet sticking out just a smidge. Nepgeo hesitated, before quietly moving to pick it out of there.

Turning it on, she recoiled as her eyes were blinded by the bright screen. She quickly turned down the brightness, blinking before laying her eyes on the text pasted onto the screen. Reading for "Login and Password."

"Ah no." She muttered under her breath. "I have to crack it open then, shouldn't be too hard."

She leaned down beside her bed, pulling out a small USB like object, colored black and purple. She inserted the object into the charger port, and immediately a jumble of words and numbers appeared on the screen for the briefest of seconds.

"Welcome, Vik." The screen said, a satisfied smirk appeared on Geo's face as she took the USB out and placed it back into her bag. 

"Easy." She remarked. 

Swiping left on the screen with her index finger, she was surprised when the screen came up on "Messages." Convenient. 

Scrolling through and looking at the various texts, Nepgeo didn't find anything really out of place. Simple orders, directions, and locations, the recent being Lastation of course. Disappointed, but still wanting to see if she missed something, she skimmed over to "Gallery." 

Before she could open it, however, she heard Vik groan and shift in his bunk. Startled, she put the tablet back into his bag as quietly and quickly as possible, before pulling the covers over herself. 

She sighed quietly. There's always another time. She closed her eyes and began to drift into sleep.

Unknown to her, Vik smirked, pulling out another tablet, his actual tablet, from underneath his pillow. Nepgeo was a smart girl, but she's way too nosey sometimes. She'll try to sneak another look, he knows it. But he doesn't need to worry about any major leaks to his higher up's real plans.

No, they weren't going to find out what it was until the time's right. Just a little longer.

How many times has he told himself that again? Doesn't matter, at least, not now. He gave a light shrug, it's still a little way's until they reach Lastation, and they're going to need the sleep.

Visio's Room, 8:30 AM

"I h-had a nightmare...?" Visio asked, looking at up at Vert in their embrace. Vert never stopped hugging him all night, wanting to make sure he slept well. "A-And that's w-why I woke up hugging you?"

He had to admit, it was very comfortable in her embrace, hearing her soft heartbeat when he began to wake up was very nice too. It's not the first time he's woken up within her embrace with his head on her chest, but it surprised him with both how soft it was and how comfy It is every time he found himself in this position.