Kicking Back with the Boys

The Leanbox Candidate was currently shaking around in bed.

His eyes were squinted shut, the cover over him fluttering with every move. His hand moved, almost knocking his glasses to the ground off the end table. He was indeed asleep, but once again, he was having a vivid nightmare. One with the same scenery as the last he had.

His body trembled as he shook, subconsciously, he felt around and grabbed more cover, trying to find something comfortable. He gasped, his voice soft, muttering something.

The door to his room opened slightly, the person behind it not trying to make too much noise. Vert quietly observed her little brother rolling around in his bed, she was actually about to head to bed when she heard a noise in his room, and wanted to see if he was okay.

Not exactly the case, she guessed he was having a nightmare. A very vivid one by the looks. He looked like a small child having a nightmare, she would've found it cute if it weren't for her seeing small tears streaming down his cheek. 

She hummed, slowly opening his door, before quietly moving over to his bed and carefully laying down next to him. She delicately wrapped her arms around Visio, causing his body to jerk a little in surprise. Vert pulled him closer to her, resting his head on her chest as she brushed a hand through his short blonde hair.

"Shh, it's okay." She whispered. "Onee-chan's got you."

Visio seemed to calm down from that, his body stopped trembling and his breathing became normal. Even his closed eyes seemed to relax and stop squinting. The soft heartbeats from Vert's chest eased him, his body stopped being tense.

Visio subconsciously brought his arms up to give Vert a soft hug back. "Big... Sister..." He mumbled in his sleep.

Vert gave a warm smile, bringing the cover over them both. Her little brother stopped having a nightmare, he was completely relaxed and calm. Visio hummed and sighed, moving closer to Vert, feeling very comfortable.

She caressed him gently, taking in the fact she could now cuddle with a sibling of her own now. She held onto that fact, never letting Visio go. Soon, she felt herself growing tired. Before she closed her eyes, she brushed the bangs out of Visio's eyes and kissed him on the forehead, whispering, "Goodnight, Visio~" 

Outskirts of Lowee/Lastation, 1:58 AM

After some packing and tipping the lady at the front desk (which took a little longer than expected due to Nepgeo's obsession with machine parts, and Linda having to begrudgingly put back on her disguise because she insisted that the lady behind the desk wouldn't notice them), they exited the building with such stealth it makes James Bond blush and has Agent 47 contemplate retiring, and hoped aboard a train heading to Lastation. 

Vik had given the idea of the train instead of the frustrating and time consuming means of travel known as Terraportation. And really their employers couldn't even be bothered to arrange a private transport, let alone one for mere underlings (a title that Linda was of course not a fan of). Upon arrival to Lastation, a roughly ten hour long ride, they'd make their own way towards the location they were informed to meet at. 

Nepgeo tossed and turned in her bunk, before sighing and sitting up, hugging her knees as she brushed the strands of hair from her eyes. She looked around the temporary quarters they resided in, illuminated by the moonlight that shined through the window, cutting off every so often due to a tree blocking it's light and casting the room in darkness.

She drew her tired gaze onto Linda's sleeping body, watching her grey-skinned friend's chest gradually rise and fall under the cover, before she suddenly shuttered and brought the cover over her face. Another bad dream she guessed, it would explain her mean mood lately.