Quality Bonding

Within a single slash, the Dogoo was sliced in half before fading away into nothing. Vert twirled her spear, slicing at the Dogoo behind her that attempted a sneak attack. Like it's other, it was quickly disposed off.

She gracefully swung around, brushing back her hair. Sighing she shifted her attention to the young man watching her with amazement. She smiled, raising up a hand, her index finger pointed upwards.

"See how easy it is, brother?" Vert said 

Visio nodded his head. "Yeah, it looks pretty easy Vert, but...." The Candidate shifted his body to the left, then the right. He turn back to face his sister, ".... You cleared this whole area."

Raising an eyebrow, Vert looked at her surroundings. Of course, Visio was correct, there wasn't a single Dogoo in sight nor was there the sound of one bouncing around. Vert felt herself become flustered some, the awkwardness of the situation getting to her.

"O-oh, dear me." She stuttered.  "I have forgotten to let you have your try at this."

Vert placed a hand on her cheek,  closing her eyes to add the dramatic effect. "Now there's no Dogoo's for you to fight." 

Visio let out a disappointed groan hearing that, making Vert smile playfully. "I'm joking, there should be plenty of them left further into the path." 

The young man looked towards the path, excited to test out his sword.  It just so happened that a lone Dogoo hopped up to the path's entrance, smiling at this opportunity, Visio rushed at the fodder enemy.

The little monster didn't get a chance to react before an energy sword sliced it's body in two, disappearing into thin air. 

Visio looked at his sword, it was surprisingly lighter than he thought, and it felt nice and easy to swing. His attention was caught by the sound of something moving. He looked up to see a lone Dogoo hopping away from the two.

Determined to not let it get away, Visio trailed behind it. Vert let out an amused chuckle at her brother's eagerness before following behind him. 

Further down the path, Visio found the Dogoo with it's back against a tree. "You weren't getting away that easily." He spoke with a smirk. 

However, instead of cowaring in fear more, the Dogoo got a determined expression. "Dog! Dogoo!"

"Wait. Dogoo's can talk?" 

"No, no. They can only speak 'Dog' or 'Dogoo'. Like it has now." Vert said behind him.

Suddenly, the duo felt the ground begin to rumble. Unsure of what it was, Visio backed away a bit and stood beside Vert and hastily readied his sword for whatever was coming. Meanwhile, Vert herself remained calm, she's been on too many quests to not know what was coming next, yet she raised her spear for preparations.

What could be making such noise? Could it be a bigger monster?  Perhaps one of those 'Fenrir's' his sister talked about? No, it was far worse than that. Out of the bushes and trees, came a massive horde of Dogoos! 

..... Much to Visio's shock and confusion.

"Woah! I didn't expect so many to appear that fast." Standing his ground, and ready for a fight. 

However, instead of charging at the Candidate, the horde of Dogoos converged on one another. Squishing together to create a blob of blue mass that threw Visio off guard, stepping back as shock and confusion captivated his body. 

"What... Are they doing?" Turning his gaze to his sister, Vert looked at the blob mass with a blank stare. Well, it was her hundredth time seeing this occurence when fighting Dogoos, but Visio didn't know that.