ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ 17

THE SALVATORE BOARDING HOUSE was house-full once again. It's only been a few days before Isobel kidnapped Elena out of nowhere and took her to an abandoned cemetery far away from Mystic Falls. And the vampire's last words to her daughter were, "I tried my best, Elena. Sorry for being such a disappointment to you," and turned to dust, literally and figuratively, indirectly conveying a clear message that Klaus is in Mystic Falls.

Caroline, who was blissfully unaware of these matters, and still searching for Matt, who ran for the hills when he learned his girlfriend was a blood-sucking vampire, was only informed about Isobel's death the next day, afternoon. It had been then she broke it out for everyone that Katherine arrived at Mystic Falls 2 nights earlier.

That's when all the hell broke loose.

"Why didn't you say anything about it?" Damon growled at the blonde vampire, coming into her face, bearing his fangs out.

"She asked me not to," was Caroline's angry retort. Her blue eyes held the same rage as the other. How could she have known something like this would happen. "Why didn't you inform me about this a little earlier?"

"Elena asked us not to, as you were chasing after your jock boyfriend," replied Damon, not moving an inch away from the blonde.

Stefan sighs, walking forward to tap his brother on his shoulder to ease him away from the girl. "Look, will you two stay here shouting at each other or go and come check with me if Katherine is still at Mrs. Flowers' place?" Stefan tried to mediate, stopping the two from bickering any further. "For all we know, she might be oblivious to this situation."

"What if she is already dead?" Elena asked, which earned several glares from her friends. The brunette rolled her eyes. She wasn't trying to be insensitive — just realistic. "I meant if Klaus is psychotic enough to compel Isobel to kill herself, in front of me, just to send us a message —what will he do to Katherine?"

Of course, the story of Klaus MIkaelson and Katherine Pierce wasn't unknown. They all knew what happened all those years ago, about how the Bulgarian vampire escaped and earned the wrath of the original. Everyone was thinking the same thing, but they just didn't have the guts to say it out loud and believe in the mere possibility of the situation.

Though it's been only two months, everyone became close to the vampire-doppelganger in their own ways.

Unknowingly, Katherine made a good impression on everyone — maybe even on Elena, if you disregard the petty teenager jealousy sometimes, of course. I mean, what teenager would not feel insecure if the former love of her boyfriend returns and the said girl looks exactly like her and is known to have a beautiful history with each other.