Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Mari’s Point of View

            I hang up and close Cass’s cell. Dad did sound so tired. It’s my fault for running. I was just so eager to find my birth father, but I didn’t stop to think about how it would affect both Lynx and Nina. They probably think I’m ungrateful for taking me in and raising me, taking care of me for all those years.

            I stand up and walk out of the office. The second I do, Cass’s scent hits me right outside the door. I take a deep breath. That boy smells so good. Pine, cedar, and a hint of vanilla waft towards me from the kitchen. I couldn’t tell if he just walked by, or if it’s from when he left earlier. Something about him keeps me on edge. I feel a faint tug towards him whenever he’s within ten feet of me.

            I take a deep breath and walk towards the kitchen. With each step, I can feel my resolve start to buckle. He told, no commanded me to go to bed right after my call to my dad. But I wanted to tell him goodnight before I retire. By the time I make it to the kitchen, I’m breathing as if I just finished running up and down a mountain for hours. I notice that I’m shaking and that I have to drag my feet like they’re made of solid lead. I stand in the door way and see Cass by the sink with his back towards me.

            I take a deep breath and let it out. “Alpha.” I say but it comes out as a whisper. “Alpha Winchester.” I say louder, and this time he turns to face me. When he sees me, surprise flashes across his face. “What is it Ms. Bellflower? Are you okay?”

            “No you idiot!” I yell at him, not paying attention to my words. “You used a command on me. This is how it affects me until I cave in and do what you told me to. I wanted to get something to eat before I went to bed, seeing as how I haven’t eaten in almost five days now. But nooo, I have to go to bed. And another thing, I HATE when people use an alpha command on someone weaker or smaller than them. It shows just how weak and small they are!” I finish my little rant and turn around to go back to my room.

            Suddenly, I’m being jerked around and thrown against the wall. Cass’s hands are on my shoulders, holding me up. And if looks could kill, I would defiantly be dead. I have royally pissed him off now. I say as I watch him. Then, for some reason, I smirk at him, which just made him even more pissed. He just glares at me, his eyes boring into my skull. I want to look down, away, anywhere but in his eyes. But I just keep mine locked on his. No way is this little spoiled alpha going to break me or make me back down.

            “Listen here little girl.” He starts, his voice low, clam, but deadly. “I know that you’re a human, and Lynx may let you get away with all sorts of things at home, but here, in my pack, you will NOT insult and disrespect me, any member of my pack, and any alpha that is within my territory or house! Understood?”  

            I don’t speak, just stare at him. If Lynx knew what I just did, oh boy, would he ever be pissed at me. He’d ground me and make me babysit the little pups for a month. Without looking away and showing my submission, I just slowly nod my head. The second he releases me, I make a break for my room. As soon as I close the door, I lock it. With the mood I put him in, there’s no telling what he’d do, not that I think he’d be stupid enough to harm an alpha’s daughter, especially one who’s an ally. I turn off the light and jump into bed. I can hear him outside my door, trying to keep control of his wolf and of his emotions.

            “Ms. Bellflower. Mari, I’m sorry. Please, I’m just looking out for you. I didn’t know that you hadn’t eaten. There’s some lasagna and fixings in the fridge if you’d like to eat.” He stops and takes another deep breath, but I stay on the bed as still as I can, letting my heart beat slow down until it sounds like I’m asleep. “I’m sorry about losing my temper. It won’t happen again.” I hear him swear. He stands there for several more minutes, and then he leaves. I sigh and roll over. I decide that it would be best if I’m gone before morning. I may be an alpha as well, but I hate having people mad at me, and what’s more, he scared the daylights out of me.

            I wait until I hear his office door slam and I silently crawl out of the bed. I grab my bags and walk to the window. I open it and look out. There are no guards, which surprised me. I take a deep sniff, but couldn’t smell anyone. Taking a deep breath, I climb out onto the ledge and shut the window. Swinging into the tree right next to the house, I quickly scale down it. I pick up my bags and quickly head towards the trees. I’ll make a quick scan of the northwestern section and then take the long way back or have Lynx come get me once I get out of Cass’s territory. I chuckle as I quicken my pace. I haven’t decided if I hate him yet or not. But I feel sorry for disrespecting him. I turn and look back towards his house. I can see the light on in his office. Knowing that he couldn’t hear me through mind link, I send one towards him anyway. I’m sorry Alpha Winchester for disrespecting. I guess I’m just overly tired, but that’s no reason to treat you the way I just did. If my dad knew, he’d ground me. Please, forgive me. I’ll see you in the morning. Goodnight. I give a half smile towards his window, turn and disappear into the night. I have a mission to finish, mad alpha or no.