Marianne

Hey y'all. So, after reading a lot of stories on here (and loving them by the way, all of them are awesome!!) I have decided to write one of my own. Though, I'm pretty sure that it won't be as good as most on here. I'm just goning to post the prologue and if y'all like it I'll post the rest of it as I finish the chapters. Hope y'all enjoy, please comment on what y'all think, I would really appericate it. . :) Thanks for reading. 

Prologue

My name is Marianne Bellflower. I live in Orrick, a small, secluded town hidden deep within the Appalachian Mountains. Until my tenth birthday I thought I was just like every ten-year-old girl in the world. I didn’t know that I had a secret, or that everyone in my town held one either. I thought I was ordinary. But everything changed that year for me, I learned that I was werewolf and I lost my family. Our pack was attacked by Mutts, werewolves who have been thrown out of their packs for breaking the rule, revealing our true nature to a human, or who have killed an innocent. I was in my tree house when they attacked. They didn’t see me, but I saw them. I hid until they left, but I was too afraid to leave the safety of both my tree house and the height it offered from the ground.

Ten days I stayed there, hiding, watching. Finally, our alpha showed up, along with several betas. Since no one in town had seen anyone of my family for almost two weeks, the pack had started to worry. Alpha Lynx decided to check up on us. We lived on the outskirts of town, as well as several other families. My parents didn’t like the noise in town at nights.

Although it had been days since the attack, the scents of the Mutts still lingered in the air. I stayed quiet, watching them walk around the house, through it, sniffing the air, trying to figure out what happened. The bodies of my mom, dad, brother, and grandfather lay behind the shed covered by straw, but I could still smell them, smell their blood. I watched as the men dug graves and then buried them.

I suddenly heard the alpha’s voice. I knew that I should have spoken up when they first stepped into the yard, but for some reason, I couldn’t. I was screaming on the inside, trying to let them know I where I was, but not a sound was coming from my mouth. “Jones, I need you, Tom, Hank, and Will, to go and get several more wolves from town and go check on the other families. Also, y’all need to look out for the Bellflower’s little girl. We didn’t find her body anywhere in the house and she wasn’t with her family’s bodies either.” I saw the four betas nod. They climbed into a jeep and shot off towards town.

I couldn’t speak, and I couldn’t move. I sat frozen to the spot in front of my little window. The alpha stayed where he was, right at the foot of my tree. Suddenly, without knowing my arm was moving, I grabbed a little blue ball that my brother had given me and threw it at Lynx. It hit him directly on the back of his head. He turned around so fast, that I thought he would trip and fall. Quickly he scanned the woods, looking for a threat, or danger. But he didn’t look up. Again I threw another object at him. This time he looked up and saw me. For several seconds, we just stared at each other. Then he yelled for one of his betas to come help him.

Both of them climbed the ladder fast. Even though I knew I was safe, found at last, I still didn’t move from my spot. I felt as Lynx gently lifted me and started back down the ladder. He barked orders, and they were quickly carried out. Once we reached the ground, I was quickly wrapped in a nice, thick warm blanket. He and several betas were talking softly and I could catch a phrase now and then.

“She must have seen everything. How terrifying that must have been.”

“Do you think she could tell us who was leading them?”
“How long do you think she was up there, hiding, without any food or drink?”

            “Do you think she could help narrow down the search on them, or at least their numbers?

Then, as if sensing me listening to their conversation, they moved out of my hearing range. When they came back, they were talking about where I would be staying. Lynx took me from Michael, the young beta who had climbed up to my tree house with him. “She’ll stay with me and Nina. We’ll raise her as our own.”He told the others, as he held me close. As he carried me to his truck, I never felt safer than in that moment.