Daniel|Abuse

Daniel had always dreamed of finding love. He wanted the picnics under the stars and the forehead kisses at night. Daniel was in love with the idea of love. He had always been one to be able to easily fall in love and have difficulty falling back out of it. Daniel was crushed when he realized he was gay. He grew up in a small town with only one other gay kid out in his high school. His family was also very religious and he was taught from a young age that being gay was a sin. Now obviously none of that is true but how would Daniel know that? He simply believed what he had been taught. So when he finally did decide to come out to his conservative family he expected it to be rough. The night before he came out he watched a coming out video on YouTube. He watched as the parents hugged the boy who looked to be about his age. He watched as they told him that they loved him. And he was optimistic that his parents would react in the same way, after all, they always said how much they loved him. Daniel planned it perfectly he would sit down with his whole family. His two older brothers would be home from college for the holidays and his younger sister would have a night off from practice. It was going to be perfect and Daniel could finally be himself. Sure he was a little nervous, who wouldn't be, but he was also confident in his family's love for him.
The next day Tyler and Christian arrived home just in time for lunch. The Seavey family sat at the dinner table and ate their lunch while laughing and telling stories. As lunch came to an end Daniel could feel himself getting increasingly nervous about what was about to happen next. He helped his mom and sister clear the table as his dad and brothers went into the living room to watch the football game. He listened as his mom told them about a new family joining the church and nodded along from time to time. He walking into the living room on shaking legs after finishing with the table. His mom and Anna followed suit as he plopped down on the smaller sofa. He watched on as his family joked around before he finally worked up the courage to tell them.
"Hey...Ummm, guys, I have to tell you something. It's kinda important." Daniel interrupted the current conversation with his shaking voice.
"Of course sweetie. Is everything okay?" His mother asked with concern etched into her features.
"Yeah. I guess everything is fine."Daniel replied before taking a few deep breaths. This is it. He thought as his right leg began to bounce up and down. A nervous tick that he developed in middle school that he couldn't seem to shake. He clasped his hands together before taking a final breath.
"I think...that Ummm. Well you see," Daniel fumbled over his words, becoming aware of all their eyes on him suddenly, "I-I'm gay."
Silence.
Daniel was met with complete and utter silence. He opened his eyes after what felt like days. He doesn't even remember when he closed them but he was definitely not ready for what he was about to see. Sitting a few spots to his left was his dad, looking angrier than he has ever seen him. He looked to his confused siblings followed by the heartbroken expression on his mother's face.
"Are you joking right now?" His father asked. A dangerous emotion lacing his voice as he stared at Daniel. Daniel hung his head low in shame as a few tears fell from his eyes.
"No. Dad, I'm not." Daniel practically whispered as he rubbed his palms down his face.
"You mean to tell me that you're a faggot!" Mr. Seavey seethed as he stood from the couch. Daniel could hear his mother and sister crying in the background but all he could see was his fathers face, red with anger and disgust. Slowly, as if teasing the poor boy he walked towards Daniel. He pulled his arm back and punched Daniel in the right side of his jaw causing the shocked boy to fall to the ground. Daniel could hear his sister scream as his father lifted him by his shirt collar and began to punch him over and over again. Daniel was in shock, to say the least. He couldn't move let alone fight back against his dad. Finally, Daniel felt himself being released as he fell onto the hardwood floors where he laid limp. His brothers were holding their father back as he continued to scream profanities at Daniels unmoving figure. Daniel felt two soft hands grab at him and help him into a sitting position. When he opened his eyes he was met with the familiar face of his mother. The women who had given his life, helped him when he was down, and motivated him to follow his dreams. Daniel didn't know what he expected her to do but it definitely wasn't this.
Ms. Seavey carefully helped Daniel to his feet before saying, "Daniel, you should go upstairs and pack your things. You are no longer apart of this family."
Daniel was already crying, making his thoughts turn to mush as he tried to interpret what she was saying.
"W-what?" He cried as he tried to hug his mom. She pushed his weak frame off of herself before pointing to the staircase.
"You have 10 minutes to gather your stuff or else you leave with nothing. And don't take anything too expensive. You are a disappointment and a sinner. You don't belong in our family. You don't deserve happiness. You only deserve to die and rot." She seethed, creating an eerie feeling within Daniel. He nodded numbly before dragging himself upstairs. He quickly grabbed a backpack and his duffel bag before shoving clothes in it. About 6 minutes later a knock sounded on his door. Cautiously he opened it to reveal his sister.
"Hi, Danny." She stated simply before stepping into the room.
"Hi, Anna," Daniel replied before going back to packing.
"I'm so sorry Danny. I love you so much, I'm sorry this happened," she apologized even though it was her fault least of all, " you need to take this. It's from Tyler, Christian, and I. Please be safe out there."
She handed Daniel over a stack of money held together by a blue rubber band.
"I can't," Daniel replied as he stopped his actions and stared at the money in his sister's hand.
"Of course you can. We want you to have it. You're our brother, we love you." She confessed as she pulled Daniel into a hug. The beautiful moment between the two was ruined by the shouting of their father.
"Get out of my house right now boy! Before I beat the crap out of you!" He sounded like a rabid animal as he screamed. Daniel quickly grabbed his bag, stuffing the money into the front pocket before saying one last goodbye to Anna. He rushed down the stairs and made a b-line for the front door.
"Daniel. Wait!" He heard Tyler's voice just as his hand touched the cold metal of the doorknob. Carefully he turned around. He expected to be met with hostility and hatred but instead, he saw his older brothers familiar kind eyes. That just made Daniel break down even more as a sob escaped his lips.
"Oh, buddy. Come here." Tyler said as he opened his arms to Daniel. Who all but collapsed into his brothers' open arms.
"It's okay Daniel. You're strong. You can get through this. Tomorrow meet me at the coffee shop down the street at 10.Okay?" Tyler instructed as Daniel released his vice-like grip.
"O-Okay," Daniel sniffled before his mom and brother walked into the room, "I love you Tyler, thank you."
Daniel looked to the pair as they stood watching before Christian finally spoke up.
"You should go, Dad's about to come in here," Christian said as Daniel nodded before looking to his mother.
"Mom?" He questioned but all he got in return was a disgusted look before she left the room. This just made his cry harder as he left the house and stumbled his way to the local diner.
The small bell sounded as Daniel pushed open the door to the diner. By now he had stopped crying but his eyes were still red and puffy.
"Hi welcome to Linda's Diner," a boy around his age looked up with a shocked expression due to Daniels obvious distress, "...how can I help you?"
He sent him a kind smile and he tried his best to smile in return but it proved more difficult than previously thought.
"Umm...table for one?" Daniel's voice wavered as he spoke. The boy led him to a table in the corner, wanting to give him some privacy because it was obvious that he was going through something.
"I'll be back in a few minutes to take your order." He spoke gently like he was talking to a child but Daniel didn't mind much. When he came back Daniel only ordered a soda not having the stomach to eat anything at the moment. Daniel says there for the rest of the day. He watched people talking and laughing as he sipped on his soda every so often. He hadn't realized the time when the boy returned yet again.
"Hey, I'm really sorry but we are gonna close soon." He said carefully.
"Oh...it's okay I'll leave." Daniel managed to say as he collected his things and went to set down the money he owed.
"No! I mean the sodas are on the house." The boy said nervously.
"Thank you..."Daniel started but realized that he didn't even know the boy's name.
"Joey." The boy smiled while extending his hand out.
"Thank you, Joey."Daniel smiles and leaves the diner. He looks around and doesn't know where to go. He can't go to a friends house because they probably already found out about his sexuality and will only reject him too. Daniel sighs and decides to just sit on the bench for the night and figure it out in the morning. After all, the day has already been a lot to take in. So he just lays on the bench and tries his best to fall asleep. Daniel is almost asleep when he feels a tap on his shoulder.
"Hey? Why are you on this bench? Do you need a ride home?" The waiter from the diner asks.
"Oh umm... no, I don't exactly have a home anymore..." Daniel responded awkwardly as he moved to a sitting position on the wooden bench.
"Oh," the boy responds and Daniel is almost certain that he's about to turn around and leave but instead he says, "well you can come to stay at my place tonight."
"Really?"Daniel's eyes become huge with hope and his happiness only grows when Joey responds with a nod and kind smile.
"I wouldn't want to bother you," Daniel announces feeling guilty that this boy would have to put up with him.
"It's no bother really."
                      *18 months later*
Daniel didn't expect it. Joey had been so nice and gentle with him in the beginning. He didn't believe that God would be capable of delivering so much pain. He didn't think that he'd ever find himself in this position. He was trapped.
Daniel carefully opened the door trying his hardest not to make a noise. It was almost closed when suddenly it creaked.
"Daniel!"He heard the familiar voice yell followed by footsteps coming towards him. He barely has time to turn around when he feels a fist connect with his face. He lets out a small scream as he falls onto the hardwood floor knocking the wind from his lungs. He barely has time to recover before a foot connects with his side.
"P-Please...Joey s-stop." Daniel pleaded as Joey picked him up by his collar and punched him in the nose and mouth.
"Where were you?" He seethed as he continued to kick and punch Daniel.
"W-with the...b...b-boys.We had...ugghhh...w-work." Daniel tried to respond but Joey didn't stop kicking.
"I told you to be home by 7:00! You ungrateful piece of shit!" Joey yelled insults as he hit poor Daniel. This abuse lasted for what felt like forever until finally, Daniel felt his body being dropped on the ground. He spits out blood before turning on his back and gasping for air. He knew that he should move from wherever he was lying but he had no energy left. So he cried on the floor until he was finally able to fall asleep.
When Daniel woke up next he was confused. He was suddenly hit with a wave of pain-causing him to remember the events of the previous night. He squinted his eyes at the blinding light coming through the curtains. Curtains? He looks around and realized that he was no longer on the ground but in his and Joey's bed. Groaning as he turned to his side he peaked at the digital clock on the nightstand.
3:12 pm
Crap. Daniel's brain is fuzzy but he does remember that he was supposed to do something with the boys today. Just as this thought passes through his brain his cell phone rings. He hesitantly picks it up and is meant with an angry-sounding Jack.
Daniel's POV
"Daniel! Dude, I'm where have you been? We've been trying to call you for an hour and a half now!" Jacks voice booms through the phone. I flinch back from my phone in order to protect my hearing from his rage.
"I'm so sorry Jack. I'm not feeling well and I guess I just fell asleep. I probably won't be able to make it to the studio tomorrow either." I lie. If I'm being completely honest I probably won't be able to go back for about 4 more days but I don't want him to get suspicious.
"Oh, what's wrong?" His voice softens.
"Nothing...umm just like a bug or something probably." I bite my lip hoping that he will believe my lie. He seems to for now at least as he wishes me goodbye before hanging up. I lay in bed dozing in and out of sleep for the rest of the day. I'm too weak to move or get up but I really have to go to the bathroom. I carefully and slowly push myself into a sitting position. Wincing as pain shoots through my abdomen. I am barely able to stand as I almost miss catching myself with the bed. I use the wall as support while I make my way to the bathroom and struggle to use it.
I'm leaving the bathroom when I hear a knock on the door. Joey isn't supposed to be home for another few hours and he has a key so he wouldn't ask. I gently go to the door cautiously open it to reveal the faces of both Jack and Corbyn. I attempt to hide behind the door as they greet me.
"Hey," Jack greets but I stay in my spot hidden behind the door, "are you going to let us in?"
An awkward laugh follows his question and I don't know what to do. I can't possibly let them in because I look to the floor and realize that there are spots of dried blood littering it. Not to mention the probably huge bruises covering me.
"Umm...no?" I try to tell them but it comes out as more of a question.
"No?" Corbyn questions surprised.
"Yeah, no. I-I'm probably contagious." I lie.
"Dude we don't care about that. We'll be fine. We just came to see how you were feeling." Corbyn responds with confusion.
"Well, I'm fine. Joey is here taking care of me." I go to shut the door but Jack's foot stands in the way.
"You're lying...Joey's car isn't in the driveway. Why are you lying?" Jack questions as his face contorts into one of confusion and worry. I don't know how to respond as Jack and Corbyn push open the front door against my will. My body is still too weak and so I can't prevent them from entering the home.
"Oh my god," Corbyn gasps as I look at the ground in shame, "what happened to you?"
I don't know what to say. I don't feel like I can lie anymore but I don't think I have the strength to do this. To tell them what he did to me. I can feel my eyes begin to water as jack takes a step towards me.
"Hey buddy," he goes to rest his hand on my shoulder but I involuntarily flinch away, "Did he do this? Did Joey hit you?"
Jacks POV
I know the answer to the question before he even responds. I can feel the dread build up in my stomach as Daniel slowly nods his head yes. My heart begins to break as he starts to sob into his hands. I gently pull him into a hug and see Corbyn with shocked eyes staring at us. I hold Daniel as he sobs into my shirt, soaking it with puddles of tears. It hurts me to see him like this. I've liked him so much for so long and I don't understand how anyone could want to hurt someone as kind and gentle as he is.
"Don't worry I got you."
—————————————————————
This story was already really long so the ending leaves a lot of unanswered questions. If you guys want a part 2 then please comment or vote!
-P