Chapter 1: New Neighbours

''Jaidan, get out here!'' The Alpha's deep baritone vibrated through the pack house from the first floor, up the stairs, through the walls and to my room where I lay hidden under my bed curled into a ball.

The thumping of his heavy steps could be heard throughout the whole forest as nothing moved, nothing dared make a squeak, not even the mouse that was snugly curled up beside my leg trying to hide as well.

''I will find you.'' His footsteps stopped outside the pale brown door that was the only thing providing a barrier between me and him.

The slow screech of aged wood moving had me curling further towards the opening on the opposite side of the bed. It was only a single size bed so there wasn't much room for me to move without being seen. Inching further to towards the opposite direction of the heavy booted feet, I felt myself leaving the confines of the safety of my bed.

The thumping of black combat boots stopped mere centimetres from the bed and I knew it was over. He always found me. Not once did I ever escape him.

''Jaidan.'' He drew out my voice before his python like arms struck out and grabbed onto my thin pale ones.

I fought his assault but it was fruitless. His arms locked me to him before his final assault. My body bounced at the impact of the bed beneath me, my body bobbing for a few more seconds before his hands caught my body. In my twenty two years of life I had never escaped him once. 

''Uncle!'' I screamed as his fingers assaulted my sides, tickling me raw. 

''This is what happens when you eat the last piece of peperoni pizza!'' Barely hearing his words, I cried out with laughter, tears rushing down my face while wriggling on the bed like a worm in the sights of an eagle.

''I'm so- I'm sor- I'm sorry!''

''I didn't hear you.'' He sung as he continued his attack.

''I'm sorry, uncle!''

He hummed thoughtfully as his fingers stopped dancing up and down my pale ribs, my shirt rumpled under my chin and arms, my usual self-conscious thoughts lost along with the tears running down my now sore cheeks from laughter.

''I guess I can forgive you.'' He sighed dramatically before grinning and pulling me up to be towered by his height.

Being five foot five always had its drawbacks. I was towered over by the males in the pack all being over six foot. Heck, the females were even more blessed than me being a few inches taller, but I couldn't complain. Being the omega was something I was born into so I shouldn't be surprised with my fragile form, and besides someone had to do the job of the lowest ranking wolf in the pack. I just happened to draw the short straw.

When twins are born into a pack of wolves, generally speaking, one is going to be more dominant because even in the womb, the fight for survival in wolves is almost brutal and sadly, my twin brother's fight for survival led to my mother needing to have an emergency caesarean which she never woke up from.

After my mother died in the hospital, my father lost his mind and accidently killed my brother in his madness, who was healthy enough to survive the premature caesarean. I, on the other hand, was with a different doctor who was trying to fight for my life but by the time I was stabilised, my father had lost himself within his wolf and turned rogue hence why my uncle, Alpha of Eastern Forrest Pack keeps a hawk eye on me as my guardian.

''Come on, Squirt. It's time for us big bad wolves to teach you a thing or two about not taking pizza.'' He shoved my head under his arm and ruffled my naturally pale blonde hair as he dragged me from my room on the second story of our pack house to the downstairs living room.