*- 9 - So you like older men?

Start from the beginning

Before I could put more thought to that, someone tapped on my shoulder.

"May I steal your partner, Alicia?" Fred asked and Alicia gladly handed me over. He took my one hand and put his other one on my hip. I tried my best to not show that his touch was affecting me so much, and smiled.

"I almost thought you didn't want to dance with me", I said.

"You should save the best for last", he said with a smirk. I wasn't quite sure if that was a compliment towards me or towards himself. Knowing Fred, probably the latter.

"I heard you turned down Neville, brutal", he said and I laughed awkwardly.

"I did. I'm afraid fourteen-year-olds aren't really my type", I said.

"Oh, so you like older men? I'm pretty sure Filch would say yes", he said and I shivered at the thought.

"I'm afraid Mrs Norris is going to be his date", I said. "Such a shame."

"Who are you taking? George?" I asked, trying to make it sound like a joke, but so nervous for his answer.

He opened his mouth to reply, but was cut off my McGonagall dismissing us.

"Come on, snowball fight outside", Lee said and dragged Fred with him.

I took a deep breath and walked towards the girls.

"Neville's heart is shattered, dear Y/N", Katie said.

"I feel so bad, but what was I supposed to do?" I asked and they smiled sympathetically. I took my bag and we made our way over to Moody's class.

"He'll find someone, he's a good lad", Angelina sighed. "But it's funny to imagine, though"

"Imagine the disappointment for all three guys who have a crush on you", Alicia said and nudged my shoulder.

"Oh no, we're at four now! This is getting out of hand!" Katie said dramatically and I rolled my eyes. They were such losers.

We walked outisde, the cold December winds greeting us. It had been snowing for a couple days now and it was quite a workout to get through the thick layer of snow.

"Y/N, watch out" I heard and looked around. I had better not done that, since a snowball hit me square in the face. I heard Fred laughing hysterically.

"Oh you will die, Weasel!" I said and ran after him. I'm pretty sure I looked like a goat, ploughing and hopping through the snow.

"You're still a slow poke Y/N! It's not gonna happen!" he shouted, but I didn't give up.

"Oh, but it might with a bit of help", George said and popped up next to me. Lee also joined in and grabbed Fred by his jacket, making him fall down in the snow, face first. He turned on his back as I grabbed a bunch of snow and formed it into a ball.

I hovered over him and smirked. "Gotcha", I said and he sighed. This was too easy, though.

"I'm kidding, this isn't fair, get up", I say and extended my hand. Everyone looked at me confused.

"I'm just trying to be nice for once", I said, hinting at the conversation we had about a week ago.

He took my hand and I helped him up.

"But now it is fair!" I shouted and jumped on his back, smashing my snowball in his face. He bent forward, making me fall and roll into the snow.

"I hate you", he said and threw a snowball at me, which resulted in a massive snow fight.

I laid down in the snow, trying to catch my breath. Fred was laying a couple yards away from me and Lee, Katie and George we're still shoving each other in the snow. Alicia and Angelina had gone inside, not wanting any part in this.

I sat up and admired the moment. I loved these guys so much. A strand of hair fell in front of my face and I tried to blow it away, which wasn't very successful.

"Damn Y/N, had a rough day?" I heard and looked up. Cedric was walking up to me, laughing. I probably looked like a mess with my wet clothes and wild hair.

"You could say that", I said, still panting. "I see Madame Pomfrey patched you up." His burn wound was nowhere to be seen, not even a scar.

"As handsome as ever", he said with a grin. He gave me a wink and walked on. I chuckled. He sure was something else.

Fred huffed and I looked up. He looked so annoyed. I still hadn't asked him about his hate for Cedric, so now was the time to do so.

"What's your problem with Cedric?" I asked and sat down in front of him.

"Nothing", Fred says, not very convincing.

"Oh, it's so obvious. Spill!"

"Nothing, I just don't like him."

"Just because? I call bullsh*t!"

He sighed, but the annoyed look was gone.

"He's nice, you should get to know him", I said and the annoyed look was back.

"Of course you think he's nice", he said and I raised an eyebrow.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked and he shrugged.

"Nothing, let's go inside, it's cold", he said and left.