Simon turned to his mom and nodded. "Press play," he said.

          Mrs. Garcia squinted her eyes at her son's phone that was on the radio then tapped the screen gently. 

          One Thing by One Direction started playing.

          That wasn't the song we were dancing too earlier...

          I was the first one to burst into laughter but Simon didn't even blush. He just shrugged. "I like One Direction," he said. "So what?"

          When I stopped laughing, I patted Simon's head. "Kudos to you for being the first guy to admit that."

          Simon rolled his eyes with a grin as he turned around and started looking for the song we were dancing to earlier. As he did, Mrs. Gracia got up from the bench and walked towards me. "I have to go now, Carson," she said she pulled me into a tight hug. "Just remember you have two hours to stay here because the kids who are getting Confirmed this year need the space, alright? Have a good time."

          I smiled. "Thank you, Marie," I said. "You know? For getting the basement for us?"

          Marie just nodded, her brown eyes full of warmth. "Any time," she replied. And with that,  she turned around and walked through the doors.

          As I watched her go up the stairs, I saw a familiar redhead coming down. "Hi, Mrs. Garcia!" Gracie chirped. "Oh, you're leaving? Oh, then, bye Mrs. Garcia!"

          Simon's head immediately shot up and I saw his pupils dilate as Gracie walked into the room.

          God, I thought. He should really ask her out already.

          As I walked towards my best friend, I realized that a familiar person was walking behind her shyly. My eyes widened in surprise as I stopped walking. "Ethan?" I asked. 

          Ethan scratched his head bashfully. "Hey, Carson," he said.

          My lips started to form into a smile as I looked at Ethan. How long has it been since I've last saw him? A few weeks, perhaps? I couldn't be too sure but one thing was for certain that there was something.... different about him. Ethan's usual pale skin complexion looked more ghostly tonight and there were eye-bags beneath his blue eyes making him appear tired and weak. His thin lips were chapped and every other second, he coughed. 

          Gracie grinned. "I just brought Ethan along for you just in case Vincent doesn't make it," she said. "And besides, after we're done here me and Ethan have to go to some family reunion tonight."

          Ethan gave me a small smile. "Hope you don't mind." He coughed again.

          I laughed. "Not at all!" I chirped. "Besides, I'm pretty sure my partner won't come for the first practise. He's not a very committed person." I tilted my head to the side. "Did you catch the flu or something, Ethan? You look really sick--"

          "I guess you could say that.." Ethan shrugged. "But I still can dance."

          Simon got up from his seat and walked towards us. He then patted Ethan's back. "So you have any dancing experience, man?" He asked.

          "Um, a little..."

          Gracie rolled her eyes. "Just like you Simon he took ballroom dances," she stated. 

          Simon's eyes widened in surprise. "Really now?" He asked.

          Ethan nodded slowly.