Entangled In A Scandal: Chapter 02

En başından başla

"Wen Ning...I think its Wen Chao who did it." I said, looking at Wen Ning who was closing his eyes trying to find a solution. Listening to my eyes, his eyes fluttered open.

"That bastard Wen Chao!!! He crossed all the limits today," Wen Ning quickly took out his phone trying to call someone.

"Hey, hey...Wen Ning, what are you doing?! " I said hurriedly as he was taking a step without thinking anything. I immediately took the phone from his hand. "Listen to me first," I said calmly. "I already found a solution to this situation."

"I am calling Wen Chao right now. He became this fearless!" Wen Ning yelled.

"Wen Ning... sometimes try to use your brains ok? If you call him he will become aware of us and he may change the plan. Let the things go as they are going," I said while rubbing my glabella.

"But Zhan...What will you do?" Wen Ning said as he looked at me with a disturbed look.

"Wen Ning...You too need to calm down. " I said as I got up from my seat, moved towards Wen Ning who was standing near the window.

"Wen Ning...We must play this game carefully. We cannot let Wen Chao know that we already understood who the culprit is. Now the only thing is we must make Wen Chao think that he is succeeding and we will secretly use this opportunity." I said while walking to and fro in the room.

"But Xiao Zhan..."

"No more buts Wen Ning...I want you to collect all information about Wen Chao including his schedule and everything so that I can already figure out what his next move will be." I said as I was sure that Wen Chao's end was so close. I wouldn't let him go this time. He had crossed all his limits. He dared to mess with Xiao Zhan!

"Ah, Xiao Zhan...I got it. I understand what you want to say. Don't worry my boss, I will take care of this." Wen Ning said with a smirk on his face.

"Hao," I said as a half-moon smile appeared on my lips.

time skip*

It had been around 5-6 hours since I had been continuously working and checking all the papers of the company.

"Xiao Zhan...all done. Here take a look at this," with those words Wen Ning interrupted the silence as he walked towards me with a bunch of papers and a pen drive.

"Wen Ning..." I looked at him while I was still sitting on my chair with a file in my hand.

"Xiao Zhan, I already tracked all whereabouts of Wen Chao. His entire schedule is here. And here is all the information where he traveled in the last few days." Wen Ning described each and every information he got.

"Good job Wen Ning. Thanks for this. Well...then leave me alone for a few hours so that I can find a perfect solution." I said as I took those papers and the pen drive from his hand and kept them on the desk before me.

Wen Ning left my office room. Now in the entire room, there was pin-drop silence. I put off all the lights making the room as dark as night. As soon as darkness spread in the room, my mind became calm and relaxed. Generally, people panic when darkness surrounded them but for me, darkness was like my best friend. It always helped me to think properly whenever I was in deep thoughts and helped me to think of a perfect solution. I closed my eyes with my elbow resting on the hand of the chair while my fingers were gently messaging my temples. I didn't know how much time I had spent until a phone call disturbed me. Without looking at the screen, I just answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Xiao Zhan, then it's me Wen Qing. It has been already 9 pm. When will you come home?"

"Qing qing...I am sorry. Wen Ning and I have to take care of something tonight. We cannot accompany you. I am sorry." I said as I stood up from my sear.

"What about your dinner?" Wen Qing asked worriedly.

"Don't worry. We will have something." I tried to sound calm so that she wouldn't feel anxious.

"Did you find the culprit?" She asked in a serious tone.

"Yeah...Its Wen Chao"

"That bloody Wen Chao. Xiao Zhan, be careful. Don't get mad easily okay. Take care. Bye-bye. I won't waste your time"

"Bye-bye Qing qing ...Take care"

A small smile appeared on my face. This girl never forgets to call me during dinner time. I shook my head and phoned Wen Ning.

"Wen Ning, come here. I need your help.”

No sooner had my call ended than Wen Ning entered my office.

"Xiao Zhan, is your plan ready?" Wen Ning asked while standing in front of me.

"Yes...Wen Chao is going to the Blue flamingo club tonight. It's one of the biggest places for gambling. So we are now going there."

With these words, both he and I both changed our clothes to black so that we can easily hide in the dark.

Slowly we went downstairs and just exited the door suddenly my attention was grabbed by a black car.

"Wen Ning...whose car is this?!" I exclaimed as it was definitely neither mine nor any of my employees.

"Maybe Wen Chao's..."

"No way! His car number is not this one, its different." I said as I narrowed my eyes to recognize whose car that was.

"Xiao Zhao..."

"Wen Ning, we shouldn't waste our time here. We have to go to Blue Flamingo as well... let's go." I cut his words and almost dragged him out of there.

Wen Ning was driving while I was checking the documents Wen Ning gave to me. Suddenly I felt as if that black car was following us.

"Wen Ning, stop the car! Let's walk. I am feeling as the black car behind us is following us." I said as I glanced at the black car which was following us.

Wen Ning gently nodded, he parked the car and we proceeded on our path. Suddenly I heard some footsteps behind me. I turned back but there was no one. I thought it was my illusion or maybe I was too suspicious of everything. But I was completely wrong. I again heard the same footsteps. I am sure that it wasn't an illusion this time. It meant someone was really following us. By the sound of the footsteps, I can say that the person is wearing boots and maybe his height is almost the same as me. Shrugging, we continued walking and we entered a lane. Now the next thing was I could hear the footsteps becoming louder. Wen Ning almost grasped my hand with fear in his eyes. At first, I thought of walking back and return to our car. But I realized that it was too late. Now I had to move forward. Preparing myself, I quickly walked ahead while Wen Ning was following me like a lost puppy.

I hid behind a huge drum-like structure and waited for the footsteps to come again. No sooner had the footsteps came by than I came out of my hidden place pointing the knife towards the person.

The next moment my eyes got widened with astonishment.

"You?!" I exclaimed as I could believe what I saw.

____________________________

Well, guys...what do you think who will be the person following Xiao Zhan?
Let me know your opinion😊😊