19

"No I don't think so," Hyunjae spoke up.

"I'm positive I'm right," Taeyong said looking down at the work sheet.

She shook her head, "Johnny! What's the answer to this?"

Johnny came into the room with a loud sigh. These two always had their debates over their English homework and he was usually caught in the middle. He walked over to the pair who were sitting next to each other on the couch with their homework in hand. Johnny grabbed the paper and began reading the question. He pushed his specs up to read clearer.

"Jae's right," He spoke handing the paper back to her.

She smiled brightly at Taeyong who sighed.

"Told you."

"Yeah yeah whatever," he rolled his eyes.

She playfully shoved him, "don't be a sore loser yong."

"I'm not," He whined.

"Children literal children," Johnny laughed going back to his room.

As Johnny left the room grew silent, only the reoccurring noise of keyboard clicks and small pencil taps could be heard. It was unusual for the two to be so quiet around each other but it could be due to the fact that they had an exam for their English class coming up or maybe it was something else.

"So," Taeyong said putting his pencil down to look at Hyunjae.

She raised a brow and stopped typing on her laptop. She gave the male her full attention unsure of what he was gonna say.

"What?"

"I think I'm gonna release a new song," He said.

Hyunjae's eyes lightened up, "Seriously? That's awesome! I think a lot of people are waiting."

It was true, Tytrack fans have been longing for a comeback from the mystery rapper. Especially taeyong's own friends, despite them not knowing it was him they were still his number one supporter.

"Yeah. I'm excited but that's not what I wanted to tell you."

She gave him a dumbfounded look, "You're starting to freak me out. You good?"

"Relax geez," He chuckled, "Wanna go somewhere after the midterm? Like to eat or something?"

For some reason his voice had gotten significantly quieter towards the end. Hyunjae blinked confused. For once Taeyong didn't seem like his confident self which was odd.

"Sure, I don't see why not," She shrugged going back to her laptop, "Do you have a specific place?"

"Oh. No not really," He admitted.

It took Taeyong days just to gather enough courage to ask her to hang out. He didn't wanna send the wrong message but Hyunjae seemed to know that it was just a friend date, like before.

"We'll think of something," She smiled, "Now hurry up and finish!"

Today was the day of the midterm. After this exam Hyunjae was free for the rest of the week thanks to her classes being cancelled. Luck was on her side, hopefully it would continue to be on her side for her exam. She walked towards the room on her own. Taeyong had gone to the library earlier to do last minute studying but she didn't really mind.

"If it isn't my favorite artist."

That was the first thing she heard as she entered the language building. Yuta stood there in all his glory. He wore a plain white T-shirt with blue jeans and black converse. However she laughed at his comment.