45

Hyunjae shut her eyes as she laid her head on the table. The breeze felt nice and relaxing, she could fall asleep any second now. The weekend had flown by and she was back to being stressed and overworked. Although she could really only blame herself for leaving everything to the last minute. This week there would be no time for friends, She had a bunch of stuff to catch up on.

"Hey pretty girl are you okay?"

Hyunjae simply mumbled some incoherent sentence. She slowly lifted her head remembering that she was outside and couldn't fall asleep on the table in the middle of campus.

"Hi. I'm okay just tired. I have tons of work to catch up on," she groaned.

She gestured for him to sit down and that he did.

"Hm anything I can help with?" Yuta asked with a smile.

Such a bright pretty smile. She could stare at him for hours but that would be weird. Right?

"Unfortunately not, unless you can make time slow down," she smiled jokingly.

"I can definitely try for you."

"Please don't try too hard. Anyway, how about you? Don't you have your last game on Friday? Are you nervous?" She asked.

Yuta and the team had made it to the last round for the season. Apparently last time they ended in third, but this time they actually had a chance for first place.

"Nah I'm chill as always," he said leaning back on the chair with his arms crossed behind his head.

"How are you always so chill about everything. I need some of that," she admitted checking the time.

She loved Yuta's carefree/chill mindset. She knew he surely wasn't always like that but she admired that he was able to seem chill most times. Little did she know he was far from chill. He was nervous for the game but only confided in Sicheng because he didn't wanna seem uncool to Hyunjae.

Yuta sat up as if a light bulb went off in his head, "That reminds me Kunhang told me that you were talking about me the other day."

Hyunjae's cheeks began to warm up. Fuck. Now why was Kunhang exposing her to Yuta? She'd have to tell him off next time she saw him.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she said playing it off.

"Something about me being okay with you sleeping with him," he said with a laugh.

"Hey! It was to sleep at his place not with him," Hyunjae said matter-of-factly.

Yuta smirked as she had given herself away, "I win."

She groaned. He was smart to play that trick on her.

"But while we're on the subject I do trust you," he said seriously.

She wasn't sure how to respond. Should she say thank you? She trusted him too of course but it was weird to have him actually say it to her. It kinda gave her butterflies.

"Oh. I'm really glad," she admitted, "I trust you too of course even though I don't think you have many female friends. Not that it's a weird thing or that you can't like sleep with one of your guy friends-" she stopped herself from more word vomit. Nice one Jae. "Sorry. It just kinda came out. I got flustered," she said with a small laugh.

Yuta chuckled at the sight. It amazed him how quickly she would switch up from cool and collected to a flustered mess. Though it didn't happen often he always cherished when he got to witness it. It reminded him that she was in fact just another person.