As if it never happened

⚡️⚡️⚡️
Chapter 3

✨3rdpovharry✨
Harry woke up alone in an unfamiliar classroom with a slight headache and no memory of how he got there. He payed little mind to it, it wasn't the strangest thing that had happened at Hogwarts. He got to his feet and quickly left the classroom. Outside a large window Harry saw that it was growing dark. He frowned slightly, it certainly hadn't been dark the last time he checked. He shrugged and headed off to Gryffindor tower without so much as a second glance back at the classroom.

Hermione and Ron were sat in front of the fire in the common room when Harry climbed through the portrait hole. Their eyes both widened when they saw him. He was soon enveloped in one of Hermione's signature bear hugs.

"Where have you been mate?" Ron asked, it was clear that he'd been going for causal but Harry didn't miss the concern seeping into his voice.

"We've been so worried!" Hermione added, letting go of Harry.

"Well..." He thought. He didn't especially want to explain himself, nor did he know how to. "I suppose I was just around..." He winced at his answer. It sounded like he was hiding something, even to him. "Erm- I'm pretty tired I'm gonna head to bed." He wasn't tired at all actually, he'd spent the last couple of hours knocked out in a strange classroom, he simply wanted to escape his friends and their prying eyes.

Harry couldn't help but hear Ron's attempt at whispering as he ascended the stairs to the boys dormitories. "I bet he's got himself a girlfriend."

-

Harry woke with a start drenched in a cold sweat shivering. He'd managed to kick his blankets off his bed, no doubt from thrashing in his sleep. He couldn't remember his dream, only the pure terror that was still spiking through him. Light was streaming from the open window outside, he didn't recall when he'd fallen asleep the night before. He took a deep breath, reaching for his glasses on the nightstand beside him. After the room came into focus he began to sit up. Ron and the other boys in his wing of the dormitory were still fast asleep.

He pulled robes on over his pajamas and lowered his feet to the cold stone floor. He was quite dizzy, having sat up rather fast but he hauled himself off the bed anyhow. He descended the stairs as quietly as possible, emerging into the empty common room. Gryffindor tower as a whole seemed to be suffocating him. He felt the need to flee the once cozy atmosphere. He climbed through the portrait hole and out into the deserted corridor.

It couldn't be much past 6:00, a time that Harry was usually dead to the world. The castle was mostly silent. As he walked glumly past an open window he heard the faint somewhat haunting calls of the morning doves that nestled themselves in the outer trees of the forbidden forest. His socks did little to protect his feet from the cold stone floor. The castle was still drafty and nippy from the night previous, but Harry found that he liked the way the chilly air stripped the last bit of the fear he felt from him.

Only good things never last. Harry came round a corner, and the corridor was suddenly filled with voices around the next bend. He recognized the voice of Draco Malfoy immediately, as well as another male voice and one that was distinctly female. He cursed his luck and threw himself into a broom closet before they had the chance to see him. Pansy Parkinson's and Blaze Zambini did not notice the billow of Harry's cloak or door to the broom closet closing softly. Malfoy who was admittedly more observant than his friends, didn't miss it.

Harry heard Malfoy telling his friends not to wait up and covered his hand with his mouth to quiet his erratic breathing. He tried to make himself small in the closet but only managed to knock into a bucket which procured a loud scraping noise as it slid against the uneven stone floor. He heard Malfoy laugh coldly. He held his breath.