I had to admit seeing Gerard made me feels somewhat at home. When I was younger he would always hold me and treat me like I was own daughter. He was like my second father sometimes, my dad told me to call him uncle G and that's what I used to call him.

I heard a door close and Jayonna let go of my hand. I looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile. Jayonna never liked being in a room with nothing but men and I never left her in a room with nothing but men. At the foster home it was mostly boys who were moved in, we would get another girl once in a while but she would always end up being moved.

Gerard walked into the livingroom and as soon as his eyes met mine I turned my head. I don't like that eye shit, people read you too easily like that and I'll be damn if a nigga can guess my next move.

"It's nice to see you Lil Khris." Gerard said and I shook my head

"I mean no disrespect Gerad but please don't call me that." I said.

My father name was Christian with a C, people used to call him Chris and my family called me lil Khris. I have my fathers name but with a K instead of C, I think it's beautiful what my father did to my name. I used to love that nickname Lil Khris but now I can't hear it without thinking about my father.

"Damn you grew up." He said with chuckled and I nodded.

"Where you been all these years? I've been looking for you Khristian." He said and I was about to answer but Jayonna did.

"Foster home with me, I'm-" I gripped her arm making her shut up.

I told her about that shit, putting our business out there like that. I don't give a damn who someone say they is, I'm not going to just open up my life to you so I can be judged.

"Damn Khristian let her talk, you act like we gone hurt y'all." Tyrek said and I looked up at him.

"No, he asked me the question not Jayonna and with all do respect I haven't seen any of you in 13 years. I don't know y'all and I don't trust y'all. Last night one of you killed a man because he ain't have y'all money, that's not the boys I remember hanging with when I was a child. When my daddy was killed right before my eyes......I was expecting to be with y'all the next day because y'all were like my second family but I wasn't.....I was put into the system and placed into a home with these racist white people, that didn't give a shit about me or my well being. I even gave a social worker your name Gerard and she said she tried contacting you but nothing happened....I prayed that you Gerard would come and rescue me from those homes but you never did. I'm not trying to be disrespectful but I don't have to answer any of your questions including you Gerard."

The room was silent and nobody said anything. Jayonna picked up her glass of water and took a sip before clearing her throat. I heard a door open and Jayonna grabbed my hand.

"We back bitches wassup!" Somebody yelled and Jayonna covered her mouth to stop from laughing.

I watched as Kevin and some girl that looked no older than 16 walked into the livingroom. Kevin looked around the room with a goofy smile on his face but when his eyes landed on me his smile disappeared. He looked as if he was seeing a ghost or something.

"Khristian?" He whispered out and I shook Jayonna's hand off and slowly stood up being careful of my ankle.

"Hey Kev." I chuckled out lightly.

It's like all the memories of us being locked in the closet flashed through my head, all the times he would beat my ass for beating him in certain games, all the time he beat people up for messing with me, all the memories just flashed through my mind and I felt like I was gonna explode with tears.