The Anorexic in the Mental Ward

Start from the beginning

The whole thing seemed shell shocked and I almost couldn't believe that we were in this situation. How did I push her to the edge? Make it so terrible for her that she wanted to die? Tears slipped from my eyes, burning like salt to wounds as they raced down my face.

Temporary relief flushed in as I snorted a line of cocaine, letting the sensation fill me. I felt different today. Less needy, less lustful. Just angry. Pure, unfiltered anger. And it was all at Emma.

She showed no signs of distress at Madison being in some mental hospital, nor did she seem to care that she caused this. She was supposed to be her best friend, but all she was was a sick, cold bitch. And as soon as she came home tonight, I was kicking her out. She could sleep on the streets for all I care. If she ended up a prostitute she'd probably love her life anyways. All I knew was that when Maddi comes home, Emma wouldn't be here. There was no way i'd let some evil whore be in sight distance of my beautiful girlfriend.

A cry escaped my lips as I realized the searing pain in my fingertips. I had been digging my nails into the coffee table so hard that they'd started to bleed and splinter. Shaking them, I decided snorting another line would give me the courage to not give in to Emma.

A few hours later, plus another few lines, Emma stumbled in the house. Her laughter chimed off of the walls as she kicked off her neon pumps. I growled, ready to tell her off. A scowl covered my lips when I saw her dragging a man with her. Of course, the bitch couldn't go one night without bringing some guy home to fuck.

"Emma," I spoke, in a slow, drawn out voice, "Tell him to fucking leave. Now."

She giggled a tiny bit, her eyes showing no fear, "No."

The guy turned and stared at me, grinning widely. He was obviously drunk, and couldn't wait to take Emma to bed. Too bad he'd never get the chance.

"I don't give a fuck what you say, you stupid bitch. He leaves or he gets hurt."

"Whoa, whoa," The guy started, putting his hands up,"I didn't know she was your girlfriend, man, i'm sorry. She said you were just a roommate."

"The slut lies a lot." I growled, not caring that I was lying too. Sure, she wasn't my girlfriend, but I wanted the guy out and I didn't wish any pain on him. If I didn't have to hurt him, I didn't want to.

"I'm out of here," He turned to Emma, "Call me if you break up with this junkie."

I felt my eyes roll as he winked and left, the door slamming behind him. She didn't even jump. Neither did I.

"So, what, Adam?" She grinned, lighting up a cigarette,"You gonna lecture me or something? Upset about your sad little girlfriend?"

I ripped the cigarette right out of her lips, stomping it on the ground, "What the hell is your problem, Emma? She's your friend."

"Awww..." She fake cooed, "Friend? She was just something temporary. And she has something I want." She pouted her lips.

"What?" My voice seethed with rage, "A good heart? An amazing spirit? A body not filled with STDS's?"

"Oh, Adam!" She laughed, "You know I always use protection silly. I'm not stupid."

"Really?" I scoffed.

"C'mon baby," Her fingers traced around my shoulder blade, "You want me. I want you. So what's the problem?"

"The problem is," My mind started to race, the world becoming too much, "I don't want you. You're nothing. You're a quick fuck, an easy bitch, a worthless, good for nothing whore who doesn't deserve to be in the presence of somebody as amazing as Maddi."

She didn't falter, but instead laughed, "And you do? Newsflash, hun, you fucked me. You played an equal part. You cheated on her."

My vision turned blurry, and I felt rage overcome me. I couldn't control me next actions. My hand raised, pausing only to smack wildly across her face. Her scream rang out, but I didn't listen. I felt my open palm turn into a fist and I connected it with her nose, feeling the cartilage break underneath.

"Adam! Stop, please!" Her sobs were loud, and I immediately regained control.

I fell down, shaking. I couldn't believe what I had just done. Her face was red, starting to swell, and a smear of blood was spread below her nostrils. A second set of sobs rang out, and I realized that it was me, shouting and crying hysterically. I would never hit a women, never. Yet, here was Emma, looking fragile and tiny as she put up her hands, guarding me against any future attacks.

"I'm sorry," I choked.

I didn't wait for her reply, but instead fled, leaving the apartment as fast as possible.

I know I haven't updated in a long time, but I figured i'd post a chapter and see if anyone thought I should continue it. I get reviews once in a while, asking for an update, so here you go!