𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐸𝒾𝑔𝒽𝓉

Start from the beginning

"Did you see that look your aunt's kept sending you?" Tommy questioned.

"My mum's older sisters? The ones near the front?" Deborah checked and he nodded. "Nick said they're jealous of the family I married into." She informed him, pulling Veronica closer to her chest. "They're just those kind of people, they were always jealous of my mum since they were kids. I guess they thought when she died that I would live a shitty life."

"You proved them wrong." Tommy grinned cockily.

Deborah laughed and leaned her head against his shoulder. "Fucking right I did. Be careful around them though. I noticed how they couldn't keep their eyes off you." She warned.

"I think I can handle a few nosy women. I fought an Italian gang, I can deal with them." Tommy chuckled.

"Don't say I didn't warn you." Deborah grinned, as they pulled up to the house.

Tommy stopped the horses and slide an arm around Deborah's waist, shuffling her closer. "Today is your day and I promise nothing will happen. I've warned them all no fighting, no blood, no drugs. Everything will be perfect." He promise her, staring into her doe eyes.

"Have you met our family?" Deborah raised an eyebrow. "It wouldn't be a party without someone bleeding."

"Not tonight." He assured her, before grasping her chin. "Tonight is all about you, Mrs.Shelby."

They took a moment to simply look into each other's eyes before Deborah leaned across and connected their lips. The two melted into the kiss right away, Tommy's hands moving to cup each side of her face as Deborah's free arm draped loosely around his waist. When they moved out of the kiss, she was greeted with Tommy's soft smile. It wasn't a smirk like he did sometimes after intimate moments, but a simple, happy smile, which Deborah returned.

Their moment was interrupted by the loud chatter of their guests and the whines from their daughter. Deborah consoled Veronica, who was pouting at the fact she was being ignored, while Tommy climbed from the carriage. He reached to give his wife a helping hand, as she pulled the baby tight into her arms and climbed down.

Hand in hand, the beaming newly weds lead their guests into the house, which was decorated for the party. When the music began to play, everyone began to disperse through the house and help themselves to the drinks. Deborah was suddenly pulled away from her husband and into a room that was filled with most of her relatives. She noticed the person who grabbed her was her Aunt Mary, one of her mother's older sisters.

"The wedding was beautiful, Deborah." Her younger cousin, Katie, complimented. "And you look absolutely stunning."

"I'm still in shock that you're actually alive." Wendy, her mother's second older sister, chuckled. "I mean, we haven't seen or heard from you since Donna's wedding and then we were suddenly invited to this grand wedding."

"My husband -" Deborah began, while fixing Veronica on her hip.

"The gangster." Her grandmother scoffed in disgust, cutting her grandchild off.

"Tommy." Deborah corrected, a large fake smile forced on to her lips. "He spent weeks looking for you all. He wanted our families to finally meet and get to know each other."

"We already know about his family." Matthew, another cousin, told her.

"How could we not know about the Shelby's." Aunt Mary spoke up, after snatching another glass of champagne. "They're all everyone's talking about, the Peaky Blinders from Birmingham. Tell me this Debbie, are you one of them?"

"You have to tell us everything that happened." Katie interrupted, noticing the smile on Deborah's face forming into a scowl. "What happened when you ran away?"