Jealous Part 2

Okay so I was think and decided to write the other way to story 'Jealous' could have gone. Right now, Jughead brought Betty to the hospital but instead of waiting to see who it was, he left.

I walked out of the hospital feeling sorry for that poor girl. Why was Toni beating her up? I'll have to ask her. I made my way to the Wyrm and walked up to Toni. "Oh, hey Jones." Toni said. "Hey Toni. Why were you hurting that girl?" She looked nervous. "Oh uh, I didn't want to tell you but she was talking bad about you. She deserved it." Ok, I guess that makes sense. "Oh, okay." We hung around the Whyte Wyrm the rest of the night and went to school the next day. It was normal except Betty wasn't there. She only misses school when she's sick but she seemed fine yesterday. After school I went to Betty's house to see if she was there. I knocked on the door and Betty's mom answered it. She was pale and had shaking slightly. "Uh, hi Mrs. Cooper. Is Betty here?" She violently shook her head. "I haven't seen her s-since she went t-to school yesterday m-morning." My mouth formed a small 'o' shape. "Okay well if you see her can you tell her to call me." She nodded sadly. She closed the door and I walked to my motorcycle. That's weird. Betty never just disappears. Oh well. The next day Betty missed school again. I was starting to get worried but then she came to school. I almost ran up and hugged her out of relief but I couldn't because I broke up with her... Her face was cut and bruised and every time I saw her, she had her arm wrapped around her torso. Weird.
After school I was walking around the school when I saw the girl that was hurt before passed out on the ground next to a puddle of blood that was leaking from her nose. I ran up to her and shook her. Her eyes opened and she looked around. She tried to sit up but her face contorted in pain. "Are you okay?" She nodded. "I'm fine, just being overdramatic is all," she said and tried to get up again. "Your foot is literally dangling off your leg, I'm taking you to the hospital." She shook her head. "I'm fine." I picked her up anyway. "Let's go." She giggled and wrapped her arms around my neck. Her giggle and clothes remind me of Betty's but I know it's not her because her eyes are dull and Betty's beautiful eyes were always so bright. The blood from the girl's cuts soaked my shirt but I didn't care. "So, wanna tell me why this is the second time I've had to take you to the hospital?" She looked at me. "Second time? You brought me the first?" I nodded. "But that's not the point, why are you hurt again?" She sighed. "It doesn't matter," she said and placed her head on my shoulder. "It does matter if someone's getting hurt." "Just a girl mad at me for getting in the way of her and my ex- boyfriends relationship but whatever, happens all the time." Her voice was similar to Betty's but dull like her eyes. It was like she didn't know how to show emotions. "That sucks. Me and my girlfriend broke up recently too." "Why?" She asked. "She was being jealous of me and my best friends relationship so I broke up with her." "Are you sure she was jealous?" I looked down at her. She always had the same expression on her face. Neutral. "Yeah, she got mad because of how much time I spend with my best friend when I spent an equal amount of time with my girlfriend. And then she faked being hurt and blamed it on my best friend. She's never done this before." "Maybe she still hasn't." What? "Huh?" She bit her lip. "Who have you known longer. Your best friend or your girlfriend?" "My girlfriend." She nodded. "Okay so if you've known her for longer the you'd know if she's the kind of person who would do something like this so is she?" I thought for a moment. "I didn't think so." "So maybe she was telling the truth?" Hm... "I never realized that. Maybe she wasn't lying." I'll have talk to her after this. We made it to the hospital and the girl was taken back. I walked to the Cooper household and knocked on the door. "Ah, Jughead. What can I do for you?" Mrs. Cooper spoke as she opened the door. "Uh, hi Mrs. Cooper is Betty here?" "Nope." Again? "Oh, okay. I'll just give her a call then." She nodded then closed the door. I got out my phone and clicked on Betty's name in my contacts. After about 4 rings, it picked up. "Hello?" A deep voice on the other side said. "Um, who are you and why do you have my girlfriend's phone?" "I found it in a backpack behind the school," he said and I heard shuffling on the other side. "Um, okay. I'll come get it. Thank you." I ran to the school as fast as I could. When I got there, there were two jocks standing behind the school. "Here," one of them said and handed me the phone. "Thanks." I ran over to the backpack and it was almost right next to the puddle of blood where the girl was laying. Wait. Could that have been Betty. No, I could see it in her eyes it wasn't her. Or maybe it was my fault her eyes were like that. I stuffed her phone in my pocket and grabbed her bag, slinging in my back. I ran to the hospital and up to the front desk. "I need to see the girl I brought in earlier." "Room 315." I nodded and ran off. I found the room, opened the door and there was Betty, sitting on the hospital bed with her leg wrapped and her face and arms bandaged in multiple places. "Betty?" Her head shot up. "Jughead? Uh what are you doing here?" I took the bag off my back and placed it on the bed. "Came to give you your bag... And to say I'm sorry. I didn't give you a chance to tell me what happened and believed Toni over you. So," I walked over and sat down on the chair next to Betty's bed. "Tell me what happened. How long have Toni been hurting you?" She looked down. "It doesn't matter." I grabbed her hand. "It does when the love of my life gets hurt. Please Betty. Let me in." She took a deep breath. "Since the day before we broke up." I gasped. "Everyday?" She nodded. "That I'm in school, yeah." My eyes welled up with tears. "This is all my fault. I'm so sorry Betty." "It's okay, Jug. At least you listened to me." I got up and hugged her. It felt so good to have her in my arms again. We pulled away and I gave her a passionate kiss on the lips. We pulled away after a minute out of breath and she scooted over, patting the spot next to her on the bed. "Betty, I don't want to hurt you." She chuckled. "You won't." I sat next to her and wrapped my arms around her torso. She hissed in pain. "Are you okay?" She shook her head. "Can you move your arms, please?" "Yeah, what happened. Are you okay?" She cleared her throat. "Oh, uh. I may have just a few broken ribs," she said quietly. The tears escaped my eyes and landed on her shoulder. She looked up at me. "Jug, what's wrong?" "I-I'm so s-sorry, I-It's all my f-fault you are h-here in this p-position," I said, with a shaky voice. She wrapped her arms around my neck and kissed my cheek. "Everyone makes mistakes, Juggie. It wasn't your fault." She reached up and wiped the tears from my face. "I love you, Jug." I kissed her forehead. "I love you too, baby." So Betty was released from the hospital with some broken ribs, a few stitches, and a sprained ankle so she had to use crutches for a while. Her mom signed her out and I helped her home. She asked her mom if I could stay the night and she said yes. "I have to go to the Register, be safe and don't be too loud. We don't want the neighbors complaining," she said with a wink. "MOM!" Betty yelled and I just chuckled. She lightly hit my arm with the back of her hand. Betty's mom left and I helped her up stairs. We went into her room and I held her up while she got dressed. I quickly ran back to my trailer to get clothes for tomorrow and then I got changed and we just cuddled the rest of the night watching movies. Eventually we feel asleep and leg me tell you, it was the best sleep I've had in a long time.
The next morning we woke up and I helped Betty get ready, then got myself ready. On our walk to school, we talked about how we were going to  stop Toni. "Okay, I have an idea. So we have to pretend we never got back together and that I don't know about what she's doing. After school right before she starts hurting you, I'll pop in and catch her in the act." Betty took a minute to process then nodded her head. "That's perfect."
After a long day at school, we finally put the plan into action. Betty walked behind the school and Toni knocked both her crutches down. Betty fell to the ground and hissed as she twisted her ankle. Toni grabbed her face and looked straight into her eyes. "Jughead never loved you. It's obvious that I'm much better for him." Then she slapped Betty. I jumped out and said, "Really Toni?! I believed you over Betty when I shouldn't have ever trusted you." She stared at me in shock. "J-Jughead. It's not what it looks like!" "No, it's exactly why it looks like. We can't be friends anymore. I'm sorry." Toni glared at Betty and then gave me the puppy dog eyes. "I'm so sorry, Juggie." "Save it, Toni," I said. "Leave. Nobody wants you here." She scoffed. "Fine but just know, your make a BIG mistake with HER." She walked away and walked over to Betty. I picked her up and kissed her. "I'm sorry she hurt you." She wrapped her legs around my waist and her arms around my neck. "I'm fine, Jug. Really. Worse has happened." I picked up her crutches and started to make my way back to her house. "Got any homework?" I asked her. "No, I did it during study hall." "Perfect. We can just cuddle and watch movies the whole night." I put down her crutches and her backpack and layed down on her bed. That's just what we did. Cuddled and watched movies the rest of the night. It was... Perfect.