Serpent Part 5

We both seemingly got over that incident pretty quickly but it still lingered in my mind. 
I think I have feelings for Betty. Does she like me back?  

It was a couple weeks of that and the dream I had that day lingering in my mind before I finally decided just to go for it. I picked up a bouquet and I was gonna get a teddy bear but I found this adorable cat stuffed animal that I thought Betty would love. It had a nametag on it that said "Caramel". 
"Cute," I said aloud. I paid for the items and hurried back to the Blue and Gold room, where Betty and I agreed to meet. I stood outside the door. This is IT. I push the door open and walk in to Betty, sitting at the desk, typing on her computer. She looks up at me and smiles.
"Hey Jug." She looks down at the stuff in my hands. "What's that?" I took a deep breath and walked up to her. She stood up and crossed her arms.
"Betty, I've been kind of confused about my feelings recently but I think now they're a little more clear. I like you. It took me a while to figure out because I've never really liked anyone the way I like you. So... you know... If you feel the same... You wanna maybe go out with me?" She stared at me for a second and I bit my lip. My heart felt like it was going to explode out of my chest. She sighed and dropped her arms.
"Jug..." My heart dropped. I knew it. "I'm sorry. Believe me, I wish I could but my mom-" I cut her off. 
"No, I uh- it's fine. I get it. I'm just gonna, uh, leave these here." I placed the stuff down on the desk she was sitting at. "I um, I think I'm gonna head home. Not feeling too well." I turned for the door. 
"I'm sorry..." I hear Betty say quietly. I pushed through the door, taking a shuddering breath. 

I will admit, I was utterly and completely avoiding Betty. It hurt to see her after I was totally rejected. I needed to go to the Blue and Gold because I left some things in there but I waited so I didn't have to go in there while Betty was in there. I walked in and she wasn't there, thank goodness. I grabbed my stuff and was on the way out when Betty walked in.
"Hey, Jug." I played with my fingers and put on a brave face. 
"Hello. Betty." 
"Are you mad at me?" I sighed. 
"No, I'm not. I just need some space." I hated the look on her face but I had to suck it up.
"Okay," she said quietly, smiling sadly. I nodded and walked past her, out the door. 

Betty's POV:
I hated this. Jughead not talking to me. I wanted to be with him so bad but... my mom is just so... against the southside, as you could say I'm worried. It's been weeks since he asked for space and I missed him so much. I make the executive decision that I don't care what my mom thinks, I wanna be with him. I decided the best thing would be to ask him the way he asked me, with presents so I headed to the store. I looked around for a while but I knew I needed something perfect to even start making it up to him. That's when I found it, a beautiful typewriter I knew Jug would love. It was kind of expensive but it was definitely worth it. 

I went to the Blue and Gold and texted Jug to meet me there. It took a bit of convincing but he agreed in the end. I sat at the desk, waiting anxiously. The door creaked open, I looked up and saw Jug walk through the door. I stood up and walked over to him.
"Before you say anything, I'm sorry. I do like you I was just worried about my mom finding out because she is so against the southside, though it's no excuse. I got you this," I explained and handed him the typewriter. He sighed. I thought he was gonna reject me but he placed down the typewriter and took my hands in his. 
"Okay." That was all he said. He kissed my hands softly. I leaned up and kissed him. "So, about that date?" I chuckled and gave him a hug. All is good. 

Four Months Later:

Me and Jug have been dating for four months now, which is longer than I expected. I thought my mom would have found out by now and made me break up with him. 
Me and Jug were cuddling on the couch. My mom was out of town so we were spending time together at a place other than school. It was great until the door swung open and in walked my mom. She stared at us for a second with her mouth hanging open. 
"Mom, I can explain-" She put her hand up to stop me.
"As long as you're being safe, I don't care what, or who, you do," she said as she walked to the kitchen. Me and Jughead stared at each other. 
"Uh, okay." 
"I thought you said your mom was very against the southside," Jug whispered in my ear. 
"Me too." I stared him in the eyes. We both just looked at each other and laughed. Okay then. 

Ahhh, okay. That's the end of that. I appreciate the patience you all had with me with this chapter. It's the last one for the "Serpent" series. I apologize for not writing much, I just haven't really been into Riverdale that much and I might drop this book, idk. I'm still deciding but I do want you all to know I really appreciate the love and support I've gotten. :)