E L E V E N

RED ROSE

RED ROSE

"A red rose is an unmistakable expression of love. red roses convey deep emotions, be it love, longing, or desire. the number of red roses also have special romantic meanings associated with them."

❀              ❀             ❀

"I said cover your eyes, grumpy!" Draco insisted, keeping both hands over his lovers eyes and guiding him into the store. "It's a surprise!"

The blond had called him quite early and insisted he not come into work that sunny morning, but rather come in the late evening. Harry had been a bit weary to come at all, but curiosity got the best of him, and all of a sudden he was outside the shop. The most precious boy greeted him; promising that a surprise was waiting for him on the inside.

"But I don't like surprises!" Harry pouted, putting his hands over Draco's, and stumbling through the doorway- only to be caught again by the blond.

"Trust me, love," Draco kissed the other boys temple lightly. "You're going to like this one."

Harry felt Draco's hands lift off of his face, and Harry let out a gasp at what he saw. The small shop had been turned into what could only be described as heaven; lovely rose petals littered the floor, lights strung up on the brick walls illuminated the room with a warm glow, and the entire middle of the room had been cleared out and replaced with two chairs and a table.

"Draco-" Harry started, but didn't finish, for the ethereal boy was at a loss for words.

"Did I just make you speechless?" Draco gasped, taking his lovers hands in his own and winked. "Usually it's the other way around!"

Harry didn't even have the ability to laugh at the attempted flirting, but instead he stayed captivated by the beautiful room. Never in his life had Harry felt so loved as he did when he was with Draco. No one made him feel as safe, loved, or adored as the blond boy made him feel, and he didn't know what he could've possibly done to deserve him. He wasn't a bad person, but he wasn't a perfect person either, and only perfect people deserved a flawless person like Draco was.

"Are you okay, darling?" Draco asked, face creased with worry, as the brunet had been silent for almost a full minute. "You're not spea-"

The blond was cut off by a pair of lips meeting his own, stopping anything that he was going to say. He let his hand slide up and cup the others face, in hopes of holding his lover there longer. This one was slow and sweet, letting all the emotions come out in one long kiss, that was nothing less than quixotic.

When the two departed, they rested their foreheads together, soaking up all of the other; starry-eyes filled to the brim with unworldly adoration and love.

"I'm the luckiest person on earth," Draco smiled.

"Sorry, to steal your title, but I think that's me," Harry smirked, and pressed another short and sweet kiss to the grinning blonds lips.

Draco rolled his eyes trying to seem annoyed, but the smile etched onto his face told otherwise. He took Harry's hand in his own, and led him to the small table, pushing the chair in and out for him.

     "I have something for you," Draco explained, reaching underneath the table and pulling out a wooden basket.

   "Oh?"

    "But, you can't say anything until the end!" The blond then opened the basket, and pulled a single red rose out. "I've been struggling on how to tell you what I feel for you for ages now, and I decided that this is just as good as any other way."

The brunet nodded, skeptically eyeing the basket, already feeling his cheeks become heated.

     "This is a single red rose, my darling," Draco passed the ruby flower to the erubescent boy who at the moment matched it perfectly. "A single red rose means 'I love you' and I do, Harry. I really do."

     Draco then reached back into his basket, pulling out two more red roses, and passing them to the brunet boy. "Two red roses means 'let us be together' which felt appropriate."

     Draco put his hand back into the basket for a third time, and brought out twelve beautiful ruby roses, wrapped in a beautiful white ribbon. "Twelve red roses mean 'be mine' and I can tell you right now, love, I want nothing more."

     The brunet boy watched him reach his hand back into the basket, feeling his heart swarm with love, and the weight of his flowers resting in his arms; a constant reminder of the blonds love.

     Draco brought out another bouquet, this one much bigger than the last, and wrapped in a golden ribbon.

     "Twenty-five," Draco began, smiling at his rose covered lover, who looked like the most beautiful boy he had ever laid eyes on. "Twenty-five roses means 'I am yours' and I can most definitely promise you that I am."

     "And last but not least!" Draco dug his hands back into the basket, and pulled out the biggest bundle of roses of all. "Fifty red roses."

    "Fifty?" Harry exclaimed, unable to help himself. "Draco, I'm really not worth all of this."

     "I told you not to speak!" Draco laughed, leaning across the table and pressing a soft kiss to his lovers nose. "And you are worth much more. Fifty red roses means 'my love for you is limitless.' And Harry, I don't think that there is anything you could ask of me that I wouldn't do. I am absolutely infatuated with you."

Harry was on the brink of tears, and shut his eyes, for fear of letting the other see him cry. He felt a pair of arms wrap around him, and a face press itself into his neck.

"Don't cry, darling. I'm simply not worth your beautiful tears," Draco whispered, pulling back and running a thumb over his lovers tear-stained cheek. "This was supposed to make you happy, not sad!"

Harry took a moment before he opened his eyes; letting them take in this perfect moment. He brought his hand up and rested it on the blonds precious cheek.  "Trust me, I am the happiest I've ever been."

"I love you to the moon and back."

"And I love you even more than that."

❀              ❀             ❀

NEXT CHAPTER IS THE LAST CHAPTER, READERS HOW WE FEELIN??

❀              ❀             ❀