E I G H T

SWEET PEA

SWEET PEA

"a sweet pea flower is used to express delicate pleasure and bliss. It is said to represent the departure after having a good time."

❀              ❀             ❀

  Neither of the two boys knew what they were in for, and both were in way over their heads.

  Tonight was the night that they would finally get out of Neville's flower shop and go wherever they wanted together.

  Draco had almost lost his breath, as he had a billion times before, at the sight of his wondrous Harry. They both looked charming as ever, but each of them swore up and down that the other looked better. Two ethereal boys, and one beautiful heart.

     "If I may say, you look prettier than everyone here," Draco confessed to the other, feeding him a piece of their shared cake; laughing at the small icing mark it made on his lover's nose.

  They were sat in an outside in the sunny August weather, just as the sun was beginning to set. It turned the sky gorgeous shades of orange, making the different hues ablaze, and demand to be gazed upon. The porch area was illuminated by small lights, all going in different directions but still casting the same shadows on the floor; the shadows of two lovely boys who were nothing less than passionate for each other.

  All was perfect, with the low whistling of wind chimes, and the smell of baked goods coming from inside the shop- it was nothing less than flawless.

     "Now you're just exaggerating!" Harry laughed, before brushing away the stray piece of hair behind his lovers ear.

     "I would never!" Draco objected, catching Harry's hand and peppering soft kisses all over the brunet's knuckles.

     "Then you're biased," Harry pointed out.

     "I'm not biased, darling. It's just a fact you're going to have to get used to," Draco explained.

"Yeah," Harry rolled his eyes, voice laced with sarcasm. "Okay."

"It's true!" Draco protested, grinning from one ear to the other. "I mean look at you. . . God, you're amazing! I knew from the moment I first saw you, you were something wonderful."

Harry buried his face into their hands, "Please, tell me you don't actually remember our first meeting!"

"Sorry, love, but I very vividly remember walking into Neville's shop and seeing you bump your head pretty hard on that counter."

"That's so embarrassing! Why couldn't we have had a normal meeting instead?" Harry brought his head back up, and stared down at their interlaced fingers. "I can't believe you actually remember that!"

"Of course I did! How could I forget?"

     "You're too sweet to me," Harry sighed.

  Draco released their hands and reached inside his jacket, pulling out a small bouquet of pink and purple flowers,

     "Not sweet enough, darling," He placed the wrapped bouquet in the middle of the table and explained,

   "These are sweet peas. They represent delicate pleasure, and they also are used to represent the departure after having a good time. Though, I am not ready to depart with you quite yet, Harry."

   Harry smiled, taking the bouquet in his right hand, and bringing the flowers up to his nose to smell, "I don't think I am either."

  And that's how the two boys spent their evening. Filled with too much cake, too much joy, and too many love-filled gazes to count.

❀ ❀ ❀