I mumbled, “You okay?”

She nodded, hanging up the line up on the wall and turning to look at me, “Yea, why?”

I narrowed my eyes at her, “Because you look nervous.”

She shook her head, “I’m fine Sam.”

I questioned, “Can we talk about-”

“No,” she interrupted, “Not here.”

I knew she was right, and the last thing I wanted to do was piss Megan off after we had such a hot and heated kiss. I hated when she was upset with me, and keeping myself on her good ide was a must right now.

I was tired of fighting with her.

She spoke, “Come help me warm up the outfield?”

I nodded, “That’s why I’m here.”

I grabbed my glove and walked with Megan, seeing Emma and the other outfielders talking. It’s not that I was jealous of them… well, okay maybe I was just a little jealous, but they looked like they were super excited.

I was curious as so what I would’ve turned out like if I hadn’t moved out of my parents, if I hadn’t gotten into all the drugs and partying. Would I be just like every other highschooler just going to school, getting good grades and having a little fun on the weekends?

Would I still have that hard shell that I couldn’t get rid of? Would I still be an outcast or would I have a lot more friends than I did right now? And what would’ve happened between Megan and I?

It was weird to think about, especially at this time, but as I pushed them far away I realized I wouldn’t change anything. Even though my life wasn’t perfect I was still content, I had a job, my grades were improving, I was on the road to recovery from my habits, and Megan was here, kissing me in the secrecy of her classroom.

So maybe things were looking up.

We warmed up quickly, Megan hitting various balls to the players as they threw them back to me. The game started with a bang, and just like Emma had predicted, they weren’t that great, so competition was lacking. This made the game extremely boring to watch.

So I decided to watch Megan instead.

I was sitting on the bench in the dugout while Megan stood at first base, huddled in her jacket as she encouraged the girl currently at the plate. Her hair was up in a pony-tail since the wind was picking up, and for some reason she just looked extremely sexy.

But when did she ever look anything less?

“Sam hand me one of those helmets.”

I pulled myself out of the daydream I was in and handed a helmet to one of the girls who were about to head out to hit. She smiled as she grabbed it from me and I noticed a look cross her face that made me curious.