Shit, shit, shit.

This is awkward.

Then I remember.

"Hey Lily I got something for you on the way here actually." She quickly let's go off us, I look at Kaden and see his faintly red tinted cheeks.

"Really?! Thank you!" She squeals. I place her down and rummage through my bag.

Charlie needed to stop off at a petrol station, so I went into the shop to get some sweets and spotted a key ring with Princess Tiana on it.

I hand her the key ring and her face brightens up so much.

"Thank you so much, Avey. I love it." She jumps up in the air, clutching the key ring to her chest.

"Is that okay?" I look up at Kaden.

"You've made my princess very happy, Angel. Of course it's okay." He says. "Right so I'll be in my office if you need me." He gives a nod and then turns to walk out the kitchen.

"So, what do you want to do today?" I turn to Lily.

•••

"And I'm almost there!" I sing to Lily.

"I'm almost there!" She sings back.

We are in the kitchen baking cookies while listening to her favourite song.

Obviously a Princess Tiana song.

I place the cookies in the oven and clean up while Lily spins around in her green princess dress.

"Be careful, Lily." I lightly scold, not wanting her to hurt herself.

"Sorry." She whispers and stops spinning around.

"It's okay, sweetie. You want lunch?" She nods eagerly.

I make her and Kaden lunch. He hasn't been out of his office since this morning. I make my way to his office and gently knock on the door.

"Come in." I hear him say. I open the door and walk in.

"Erm... I made you lunch. You don't have to eat it if you don't want to, I just thought that you would be hungry because you haven't come out of your office for a few hours. Lily and I...."

"Angel." Kaden stops my rambling with a huge smile on his face. "God, you like to ramble, don't you?" He chuckles and then points to the chair in front of his desk.

I walk over and place the plate of pasta in front of him and then sit in the chair. I watch him take a bite.

"This is fucking delicious." He moans and I feel my pants dampen at the noise that came out of his mouth.

Someone save me.

"Thank you." I whisper, avoiding eye contact.

Can I be any more embarrassing?

When he doesn't say anything I look back at him and see he is leaning back on his chair just staring at me. His hair isn't in a man bun today and I can't help but want to run my hands through his hair.

"I was struggling to tie it up today." He says, grabbing my attention.

"Sorry?" I shake my head and make eye contact with him.

"My hair." He points. "Do you mind doing it for me?" He questions, pulling open a draw and handing me a hairband.

"Oh, sure." I slowly stand up and make my way behind him. He hands me the hairband and I gather his hair back gently and tie it into a bun. I ignore the small grunt that escapes his lips. "There, all done." He spins around in his chair, so now I'm standing in between his legs.

"Thank you, Angel." He looks up at me with his light blue eyes.

I smile and so does he.

"I should probably go and check on Lily and the cookies." I tuck a strand of hair behind my ear and begin to walk over to the door, however Kaden gently grabs hold of my hand.

"I...erm....you're...if you need anything, I'll be here." He stammers and then quickly goes back to looking through some papers.

"Okay." I nod and then leave his office.

•••

It's now nine at night and I should of gone home ages ago but Lily wanted me to stay and I couldn't say no to her.

But now I've got to walk home in the dark. I don't like to get taxis and Charlie's isn't available.

"Are you coming back tomorrow?" A tired Lily asks. Kaden is holding her because she is too tired to stand by herself.

"Not tomorrow, sweetie."

Her eyes start to water. "Y-You're not coming b-back." She whimpers.

"Yes Lily, I'm coming back. But tomorrow is my day off, so you get to spend the day with your daddy." I tickles her stomach and stroke her curly hair making her giggle.

"Okay but promise you're coming back." She holds out her little pinky.

"I promise." I wink, connecting my pinky with hers.

I open the front door. "Bye Kaden." I smile avoiding eye contact.

"Where's that boy?" He says sternly.

"He's....he's down the road." I nod and Kaden looks at me funny before nodding his head.

"Goodnight, Angel." I smile and then begin my walk home.

About ten minutes into my walk I see headlights behind me.

Oh shit.

A car slowly moves along side with me and I look to my right and my eyes widen when I see an angry Kaden.

"Get in the car, Ava." I don't think twice before I am jumping into the passenger seat. "You lied to me." He scolds whilst looking ahead.

"I didn't want to be a bother, Kaden." I say, looking out the window. I tell Kaden my address and then look behind me and smile when I see a sleeping Lily.

"Ava, anything could have happened to you! Why didn't you fucking tell me you had no way of getting home?" He whispers harshly, not wanting to wake Lily up.

"I didn't think telling you was that important, plus Lily needed to go to bed." I try and reason with him.

"You tell me next time, Ava. I don't want anything bad happening to you." He glances at me.

"I'm sorry." I look down at my hands.

"Don't worry about it, Angel." He reaches out to squeeze my hand.

💛