"You really expect me to believe you came over here for nothing? Yeah, right."

She glared at me but it was anything but intimidating, "yes. Am I not allowed to want to be around you? Do I have to ask your permission?"

"It is my personal space and time." I subtly smirked, daring her to keep arguing her point.

The girl scoffed and quickly stood from her chair, "you're unbelievable." She spoke before leaving the library with a huff of annoyance.

I sighed as I watched her go.

I never was good with friendly human interaction.

•••

"You should eat something, Hills," Ange told me with worry.

It was lunch and I had yet to eat anything, for at least three days straight for that matter.

I sighed and rubbed my forehead, "I'm not hungry, Bub." I told her. My body may be starving but I wasn't.

Martha gave me a glare, "you haven't eaten in days. You usually have little bits of food but you've had nothing. You need to eat."

I hated when they treated me like this like I was a child who didn't know any better. I knew what I was doing to myself, I just didn't stop it.

My response was silence which only made Martha more frustrated and Angela more worried.

"You're seriously killing yourself, Hillary." My sister hissed at me, shaking her head with anger.

I know why she's so annoyed at my lack of eating. She thought I was going to leave her for good but that's not my intention, I don't really know what my intention is. I guess I just never really enjoyed eating like others did, I didn't feel the need.

The bell rang, waking me from my thoughts.

I sighed heavily and stood to my feet, "I'll see you guys after school." I told them softly as I began walking to my next class.

But as I walked I was suddenly struck with the feeling of being lightheaded. Yes, I felt lightheaded and dizzy most of the time but this felt different. My steps faltered, having to hold onto a nearby table to keep myself standing. Blinking a few times, I tried to regain my vision from its blurry state.

A groan came from my mouth before my hand slipped and I fell to the ground with a thud.

"Hillary?!" Frantic voices yelled.

Everything went black, and I was out like a light.

Martha's POV

I couldn't believe it.

I knew my sister was sick but I never expected her to faint because of it.

I guess I was just lying to myself about her situation.

Angela and I sat in the waiting room in the hospital. Charlie was pacing the length of the room as we waited. My eyes were glued to the clock, every passing minute feeling like an eternity in this dull white place.

Sighing, I turned to Ange, seeing the silent tears streaming down her face. This was probably the most difficult thing she had been through, and it wasn't even her family, although we did treat her as a sister.