Chapter Two

Our father had taken it upon himself to enrol us into school, our new 'stepmother' persuaded him into thinking it would be good for us. At least we'll have something to do but I really don't want to deal with little teenage gossipers. Maybe Martha will actually learn something this year.

I looked out the window as I lay on my bed next to my sister. I watched as the wind blew the branches of the tree outside, and listened to it, sounding as if a faint voice was whispering something to me. I relaxed for the time being, waiting for the alarm beside my bed to go off. I turned my head to the cloak, six minutes until we had to get ready. I sighed and turned it off before I could hear the annoying beeping that would wake Martha up.

I shook my sisters shoulder, waking her up from her peaceful sleep, "come on, Martha. Don't wanna be late for our first day for school." I told her sarcastically. She groaned loudly while I got out of bed to get ready.

"Why?" She whined, I rolled my eyes as I picked an outfit to wear for the day. As I got ready Martha complained and whined leaving only ten minutes before we should leave.

I walked into the kitchen where I poured myself a glass of water, not bothering with food knowing I wouldn't be able to get it into my stomach before I would throw up. I watched as Martha dragged her feet into the room now dressed but still half asleep.

"Need any help waking up?" I asked before taking a sip of water.

"How could you help?" I walked over to her and poured the rest of the water onto her head. I watched as her eyes bulged out of her head at the coldness.

"What the fuck?!" She yelled turning stiff so her wet clothes wouldn't touch her skin even more. I smirked and set my cup down on the bench next to the sink.

"Go dry off and let's go." I ordered with amusement in my voice. She growled at me and went back to our room. I lifted my bag onto my shoulder and walked to the door where I waited for her. I sighed as she took her sweet time, "hurry up!" I yelled.

"Bitch, shut up. I'm here." She exclaimed walking out from the hall. I rolled my eyes and went outside. We spent the next twenty minutes walking to school, at least we were used to this.

When we arrived we saw the carpark almost completely full of kids. Most had a car or their friend had a car. We both ignored the many stares and made our way into school. We walked up to the redheaded lady behind the desk and I cleared my throat to get her attention. She looked up and smiled.

"Hello dears, how may I help you?" The lady asks nicely but I really didn't care about her.

"We're new. I'm Hillary Swan, that's my sister Martha over there." I pointed over my shoulder at her as she looked at all the posters on the wall, quietly laughing to herself as she did.

"Oh, of course. I'm Mrs Cope. Here is everything you'll need, schedule, map and locker number." She informed me as my sister wasn't listening in the slightest.

"Thanks." I waved lazily and left but not before grabbing Martha's arm to drag her with me. We stepped out into the corridor where people were already walking to their classes.

"This place is a gold mine for sappy posters about suicide and bullying." Martha said with a smirk. I ignored her and started and looked down at my schedule.

Before I could figure out my first class someone jumped in front of us and grabbed our shoulders. I looked up just as Martha pushed the guy off us.