24

I woke up to the sounds of birds chirping. I'm not even being dramatic. I really thought I was dreaming when I opened my eyes.

The balcony door was left opened from last night. The slight breeze from outside blew the curtains back and forth. The sun was slowly just beginning to rise, making the sky look pink.

It couldn't have been later than 7AM. This is probably the earliest I've woken up in forever and for the first time, I didn't mind being up this early.

I flipped over to find myself face to face with Alex. He was still sleeping, but kept his arms around my waist. His eyes moved back and forth under his eyelids and his mouth was cracked slightly as soft snores escaped.
I noticed immediately that the wrinkles that were between his brows were gone. I could've sworn that those lines never disappeared ever.

I found myself tracing the outline of the tattoo on his arm. Despite the fact that it was a full sleeve, he kept it pretty well hidden with him always wearing suits. I was fascinated by the different pieces in his sleeve. There were mostly roses, a pocketwatch, and a wolf.

"I also have a tramp stamp."

Alex's voice caught me off guard as I was so focused on his tattoo.

"Of what?" I gasped.

"A butterfly." He responded, his eyes still shut.

"Let me see!" I exclaimed. This idiot really went and got a butterfly tramp stamp ?

I tried to flip him over so I could see which kind of was a struggle considering he's double my size.

When I finally managed, despite him trying to fight back, my heart dropped when I pulled his waistband down to see he was lying.

"If you wanted to see my ass you could have just asked politely."

"I don't have to look at your ass, your face already looks like one." I teased.

A wide grin spread across his face. He flipped me over and climbed on me with his legs straddling my waist.

"Take it back." He growled.

"No." I laughed out loud.

"Cmon take it back." His face got closer to mine which made me giggle.

"No!" I shrieked when his fingers began tickling my waist.

"No! No. No!" I laughed as he continued to tickle me. My arms and legs flailed up and down as I tried to push him off of me.

"Fine! Mercy!" I laughed.

"No. You have to apologize."

"Okay! I'm sorry!" I laughed and the tickling stop, but he didn't get off of me.

He sat there straddling me without breaking eye contact.

"What?" I chuckled.

"You're just so beautiful." He smiled down at me, making me blush like crazy.

"Alex. Stop." I turned to look away. I always struggled with compliments. It just made me feel uncomfortable. I guess I just never believed it when people say stuff like that or maybe it's the attention? I don't know.

He grabbed my face and turned it back so we were facing each other again.

"You're the most beautiful girl in the world Charlotte. Don't ever forget it."

I couldn't find the right words to say, so instead I just pulled Alex down. His body collapsed on top of mine as I wrapped my arms around his neck, hugging him close to me. His arms slipped underneath me and we just layed there in peace. I could feel his heart beating fast against mine and I'm sure he could feel my heart being fast against his as well.