11

It's been a couple weeks since we've been home now and all I've been doing is focusing on my project.

My relationship with Alex hasn't wavered. He keeps to himself and I keep to myself. It works best that way.

I was on the way home from a meeting when I heard a phone ringing, but it wasn't my ringtone.

I tried looking for it, but couldn't find it. I was so confused as to where it was coming from. I pulled over and found the phone underneath the passenger seat.

It was Alex's phone. He must have forgotten it in here. He had hundreds of missed calls.

The calls must have been pretty important and business related. I thought about it for a moment and decided that I would go drop it off for him considering I was only a couple blocks away from his office.

I pulled up to the building and parked right beside his black Porsche.

I walked in and was stopped by a security guard.

"Do you have a badge?" He questioned me.

"No, I'm here to see my husband."

"Who's your husband." He asked impatiently as if I was the 100th person to say that.

"Alexander Grey." I said. "He forgot his phone, so i'm just bringing it back to him."

"Got any i.d?"

I whipped out my license and showed it to him.

"Says here you're Charlotte Mitchell. Not Grey."

"Havent had time to get a new i.d" I said and frankly I was getting annoyed. Why did I have to take my husband's last name. What if I wanted to keep my name.

The guard looked at my i.d again and then back at me as if he was still deciding whether I should be let up.

"You see my last name is Mitchell right? Does it sound familiar at all?" I asked him.

"Mitchell... Your father's Richard Mitchell." He looked at me in shock. "I'm so sorry go right on ahead."

"No worries. You're just doing your job." I said as I walked passed him.

I got in the elevator and hit the button for the 34th floor, the highest one in the building.

When I got off, immediately all heads snapped towards me.

"Hi where's Alexander Grey's office?" I asked the guy sitting at the first desk who's eyes seemed to be focused on my breasts. What a gentleman.

"Straight down and make a left. It's the office at the very end." He choked out. I thanked him and made my way there.

Just as I was about to knock on the door, a high pitched voice stopped me.

"What do you think you're doing?"

I turned around to see a woman who I figured was his secretary staring at me.

"I'm here to see Alex." I said

"He doesn't have any appointment." She moves so she was standing between me and the door.

"So he's not busy then." I tried pushing myself past her, but she moved to block my way again. Everyone was watching this little fiasco go on.

"You'll need an appointment. I don't even know how you got up here. I'm calling security."

"Yea well let security know that you're trying to kick out the daughter of Richard Mitchell and wife of Alexander Grey." I smirked.