𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒮𝑒𝓋𝑒𝓃

Start from the beginning

Deborah eye's glazed over at the older woman's kind words. "I love you, Pol." She whispered, just as Polly left the room.

"She's an amazing woman." Nick spoke up, referring to the Shelby aunt. "She raised you well."

Deborah hummed and turned to her brother, tears building along her eyelashes. "I wish mum was here, Nick." She whispered, staring down at the bouquet of flowers. "Christ, I even wish Alfie was here."

Nick sighed and walked over to the brunette. "She's always with us." He reminded her. "And I know she would want me to give you this." He pulled a silver necklace, that held a beautiful diamond.

"Where did you get this?" Deborah gasped, carefully taking the diamond in her hand. She turned it over and noticed that something was etched into the back. "Donna Rose, 1890." Deborah read.

"It was the first diamond she ever received from a man. She met him when she was in her early twenties and swore he was her soulmate." Nick explained, while moving around Deborah, to place the necklace around her neck. "She gave it to me a few months before she died and told me to give it to you."

Deborah clenched her eyes shut, trying to stop any tears from falling. "You've had it all this time?" She questioned.

"I was warned not to give it to you until you found your soulmate." Nick said, moving to stand back in front of her. "Tommy's your soulmate, Deb. I wish you both all the happiness in the world."

"Thank you for giving it to me." Deborah whispered, while pulling him for a hug. "And thank you for being here."

Nick chuckled, moving to her side and clutched her right arm. "I believe I have a husband to hand you off to, Mrs. Shelby." He grinned, pulling her out of the room. "And we both know how impatient that man can be."

The sound of the classic wedding music could be heard flowing from behind the large oak doors.  Deborah's heart raced at the sound and suddenly her hands felt too clammy as they clutched her bridal bouquet. The thought of what could happen in the next few minutes made her shiver in fear and a feeling of pure terror took over.

Deborah turned to her brother and stared up at him with genuine fear in her eyes. "I'm scared, Nick."

"Pebble..." Nick sighed, squeezing her arm. "This is the moment you've been waiting for nearly ten years." He said, while emphasising the ten.

"I know, but what if Tommy's suddenly changed his mind?" Deborah asked him, voice slightly shaky. "What if now he realises that he doesn't want to be stuck with me for the rest of his life?"

"Then he's a fucking idiot." Nick said bluntly. "But I know he isn't. Deb, the first time I met Tommy, I was in awe at the way he looked at you. It was like you were his whole world and life meant nothing without you. After these last few years of knowing him, I've realised that its true, he doesn't want to live in this fucked up world without you." He told her. "Do you want to live in it without him?"

Deborah immediately shook her head. "I can't see a future without Tommy in it." She admitted.

"And thats exactly how he feels. Christ Deb, look around you." He gestured around the room. "You're about to be married in a church and neither you or Tommy have any faith, but he wanted it to be here because he knew mum wanted this. He loves you so much and I know he will spend the rest of his life protecting you and your gorgeous daughter."

"You're right." Deborah mumbled, pulling her brother in for a tight hug. "I love you so much."

"I love you too, pebble." Nick replied, before offering her his elbow to hold. "Now lets get you married."

The large oak doors opened wide and the music played even louder. Deborah took one last deep breath, before walking along side her brother down the long aisle. All along the left side, sat Deborah's relatives, some she didn't even recognise, however some were vaguely familiar. All along the right side, sat the entire Shelby family and close friends.

Deborah smiled amusingly at the large wave Johnny Dog sent her, as he enjoyed the company of three women. She noticed the proud looks on the Shelby family, Polly in particular, who had a sleepy Veronica on her lap. Ada, who sat beside her aunt, beamed at the sight of her best friend and discretely wiped away her tears. Arthur and John sent the bride two large grins and the younger of the two lifted his thumbs and winked.

Finally Deborah's eyes fell on the only person she wanted to see in that moment. When her eyes met the comforting baby blue eyes of her fiancé, all the fear and terror immediately drained from her. A feeling of comfort and pure joy over took the precious feelings and Deborah knew that she was making the right decision.

Tommy, who had been staring down at his clammy hands, finally looked up when he heard footsteps moving closer to the alter. When he finally looked up, he was in awe of the angel before him. He took a second to take in her stunning figure in the wedding gown and her arm clutching her brother's. The veil that hide her face frustrated Tommy, but he knew that he would soon see the beautiful face of the women he loved.

She finally paused at the bottom of the steps and Nick placed a soft kiss to her cheek. Her brother raised her hand and gently placed it in Tommy's, before the man guided his fiancé up the small steps. With shaking hands, Tommy lifted the veil until it fell behind her. Deborah smiled at the reveal and Tommy's own lips parted into a grin.

"Deb, you look amazing." He whispered, staring into her eyes. "Like a fucking angel."

Deborah blushed slightly and let out a breathless laugh. "You look so handsome." She complimented, taking in his suit.

"We're finally doing it." Tommy said, excitement laced in his tone.

"Together." Deborah smiled, as she held out her hand for him.

The couple clutched one another hands, as they turned to face the priest. After all these years the time had finally come for them to begin their new lives, together.