𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝐹𝒾𝓋𝑒

Start from the beginning

Deborah knew the older woman was right, the timing was right in their relationship. "You're right, Pol. I'm just worried, I'm going to be someone's mum."

"And you'll be the best fucking mum in the world." Polly assured her, making them both smile. "I'm so proud of you, Deb and I know you're mum would be too."

Deborah's eyes watered at Polly's words and this time it wasn't her hormones fault. "I love you Pol. Thank you for everything you've done for me." She said, voice cracking.

Polly's own eyes glossed over, as she pulled the young woman in for a big hug. "I love you too, Deb. Since the day I brought you into my life, you've filled it with happiness and joy."

The two women stayed in each other's arms for another few minutes, before the sound of the telephone ringing interrupted them. Deborah pulled away and wiped her eyes, heading towards the telephone.

"Deborah Rose speaking." Deborah announced, leaning against the table.

"You're a fucking Soloman." Alfie's said, voice tainted with anger. "Or should I start calling you a fucking Shelby now, since you're going to marry one of the bastards."

"Alfie." Deborah sighed, rolling her eyes. "What a pleasure as always to hear from you." She said sarcastically, making Polly chuckle.

"I'm calling to warn you." Alfie began, before a long pause. "I forbid you from marrying that gypsy scum."

Deborah's eyebrows furrowed at his demanding words. "You forbid me? You're not my father, although you sound a lot like him."

"I'm fucking warning you, Deborah." Alfie growled.

"Where's this coming from Alfie?" She questioned her brother. "How did you even find out?'

"You're soon to be husband came to visit me this morning." Alfie revealed. "He's a liar and can't be trusted."

"This is all because a business deal between the both of you went wrong?" Deborah scoffed in disbelief. "Fuck off, Alfie."

"Deborah, I'm warning you. If you marry him, you're no longer apart of this family." Alfie said.

"Well it's a good thing I'm becoming a Shelby then." Deborah snapped. "And don't worry, I'll let my unborn child know they aren't apart of the Soloman family either."

The line went silent for a moment, as Alfie processed her words. "You're pregnant?" He asked, his voice a mix between shocked and slightly happy.

"Yes, with a gypsy scum." Deborah said, repeating his words from earlier. "Goodbye, Alfie." She told him, hanging up before he could apologise or curse her out.

Deborah slammed the telephone back down on the table and leaned her body back. She realised a deep breath, calming her racing heart and looked back at Polly.

"Let's go to the races."

۵

     When Deborah and Polly finally arrived at the races, the older woman rushed away after a quick goodbye. Deborah didn't think much of it and went on her way to find Tommy. Fortunately, she found the other three Shelby boys and they informed her that their brother was done in the stables, where the horses had arrived. He apparently wanted her to meet him and see the horse. Deborah was hesitant, knowing she was going to see May, but she was desperate to talk to Tommy.

"Hi, love." Tommy greeted her, once she found him outside the large tent. "You look gorgeous."

Deborah smiled at his kind words and jokingly twirled around to show him the full look. "Thank you, Tom. You look very handsome." She hummed, kissing him softly.