The Unexpected Q&A

Peter Parker here! Wow, another update after a short period of time. Your author had some time to kill, so she wanted to treat you all. This chapter is one the author and I have been looking forward to for quite some time now. We hope you all enjoy!

Everyone went back to what they were originally looking at. All the while Ned was fanboying and saying how awesome Mr. Stark was for sticking up for me. While I slightly spaced out the conversation, I could still see Flash in the corner. He was reading about me, sorry I mean Spiderman. He still looked shaken by the events that just occured.

As I started to listen to Ned again, Lucy got everyone's attention. "Alright team, we have an unexpected but fantastic change in plans. Thanks to the generosity of Mr. Stark here" she gestured to the man himself, of whom was still standing next to her, "we will be having a Q&A with The Avengers!"

More chaos. My dialed up spidey senses just LOVE chaos! Alright now, everyone follow me. Simon says "cover your ears so they don't explode from screaming teenagers". Good job everyone. Everybody wins!

Mr. Stark noticed my, and the reader's, covering of the ears. Somehow he managed to grab everyone's attention, quieting them in seconds. Thank Loki for that!

He gestured to Lucy to continue. "If you all will follow me, I will lead you all to the Avengers Q&A conference room."

The Decathalon team slowly filed out of the museum, capturing last minute pictures as they did so.

5 minutes of walking through a maze of hallways, we eventually reached two doors. Lucy opened both of them and you could see the podium set up with chairs that each had the names of the Avengers. Everyone gawked as they began to sit down.

So as to hide myself, I dragged Ned to the back of the room and sat down. Ned was slightly disappointed about where we sat, but that soon disappeared.

The Avengers began to file into the room... from doors in the back of the room... that were located directly behind my seat.

Thank you for nothing, you useless version of Karma. Parker Luck everybody! Round of applause for its FANTASTIC timing! 👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Each Avenger saw me as they filed in. Steve gave me a good pat on the shoulder, Nat gave me a motherly touch on the back and a smile only I ever recieve, and Clint gave a ruffle of my hair. It continued on with Thor giving my a slap on the back, Loki giving a small smile towards me, Wanda and Vision also smiling, and Bruce giving my shoulder a friendly squeeze. The other Avengers were off world or in Wakanda.

To say the Decathalon team was shooketh was an understatement.

Everyone turned to the front as Tony Stark cleared his throat. "Thank you all for coming to this last minute Q&A. I thought it's the least I could do for my favorite kid." Tony sent me a smile as he said this. "Alright, any questions?"

A frenzy of hands shot into the air.

Mr. Stark, being the instigator, chose who to call on. "Yes, overly enthusiastic blonde girl in the third row."

She instantly was on her feet. "Hi, I'm Betty. I'm also part of the Midtown High News Cast. I have a question for Black Widow."

Natasha perked up at her alter ego name and nodded to encourage a continuation of her question.

"I wanted to ask about your widow bites. How do they work? And what inspired you to create them?"

The corner of Natasha's mouth curved upwards. "I'm glad you asked. My widow bites are little electronic devices, when activated they will electrocute those who are in contact with them." Betty had her notebook out and was scribbling notes the whole time. "I actually didn't come up with the idea of the weapon. It was Peter who did."

Everyone turned in my direction. I slouched a little more in my seat as they did so.

Nat continued to talk, even through my embarrassment. "He was working on the electric webs for Spiderman's webshooters when he thought of the idea of the widow bites. He wanted me to have more weapons on my belt, and I loved the idea of them. He manufactured the pieces and is the only one I allow, other than myself, to touch them."

Everyone was shocked. I suppose just having Tony Stark's confirmation of my internship wasn't enough for them to believe me. But two Avengers!? That's a whole other game.

Questions continued on, I was embarrassed more, and then Flash was called on. Of course he was called on. "Hi, I'm Flash Thompson. I had a question for any of the Avengers. How in hell did Parker manage to get on good terms with you all? Who did he have to pay? Are you doing this as charity for orphans?"

Wrong question to ask.

You could physically feel the mood in the room drop. It was stifling. As everyone was about to start ranting at Flash's rude behavior, Mr. Rodgers stood up. "Now listen here kid. Even before I became Captain America, I have never liked bullies. I'm going to tell you this once, seeing as you've already heard Tony say this, stop the bullying or else you will experience many consequences. For example, you'll be put into regular public school."

Perfect opportunity for MJ to draw in her journal. The look on Flash's face was priceless.

I just wish the moment hadn't been ruined by the sudden alarm of the building.

Yay! The tower is being broken into. I wonder who it could be?

Join me next time in the next update. Sorry to leave you all on a cliff hanger. I assure you it'll be worth the wait. Spider out! 🕸✌