All is Well

The celebration continues to Molly's. Everyone was to buy Adam a shot since he's not in jail anymore. Even Voight shows up for a drink with his unit before leaving them to celebrate together. Kim has been quiet for most of the night and things are settling down. Adam realizes he hasn't seen her in awhile and goes to find her.

"Hey you okay" he asks.
"Yeah I am fine," she says not making eye contact.
"Kim come one. What is it? You can tell me", he replies concerned.
"It's just now that I'm back at work full duty and the charges are dropped on you. There's no reason for you to stay with me anymore" Kim explains.
"Oh. There's no reason?" Adam questions.
"No I guess not," Kim says. She wants him to stay but doesn't know how to get to that point.
"Well I guess I'll come by later and get my stuff out then," Adam says hurt.
"That's not what I want. Adam. I um I want you to stay even though there's no reason. There's no reason besides, I love you," Kim says finally looking at Adam. Who lights up at those three words.
"I love you too darling," he replies.
"So you're going to stay?" She asks.
"As long as you want me to," he says.
She leans up and her meets her half way and they kiss. The first kiss in front of everyone since they've reconciled. You can hear Kev cheering in the background for them.

Not long after that they end home together, knowing they have lots of time to make up for and things to celebrate. They both plan on making this work, long term. They jut can't seem to be apart from one another.

Authors Note: sorry for the short chapter, I might end the story here. I haven't decided yet. Thank you all for sticking with me. Burzek forever ❤️