Getting Adam Out

Voight let's Kev,Kim and Trudy go earlier so they can get to Adams bond hearing. The whole team wanted to go but Voight knew Adam asked for Kim and that Kev and Trudy wouldn't let her go alone. The three of them head into the court room and wait for them to bring in Adam. The marshals bring him in and he nods in their direction with a smile. They all return the smile and Kim gives him a wave which makes him happy. He's glad she still showed up after everything.

"All rise" the court room security says. The judge enters.
"Bond hearing for Officer Adam Ruzek" the judge states.
"Your honor Officer Ruzek should remain in custody until the time of his jail. He has the skills and means to flee and miss the hearing. Actually, calling him an officer is a disgrace to the badge. He should be treated like any other criminal," the prosecutor says.
"Your honor Officer Ruzek is a member of an elite squad of the Chicago police department and has not had any infraction like this. He promises to stay in Chicago and attend all future court dates. We request that he is let out on bond due to him being an officer, especially after what happened to his former partner Detective Olinsky," the defense states.
"Typically I treat all officers like a criminal. In this case the defense is right, he should not remain in jail due to his safety. Who will be responsible for him?" The Judge asks.
Kim stands," I will, your honor. Officer Kim Burgess"
"Ruzek will be released on bond until his trial to officer Burgess," the judge states as he hits his gravel.

Adam shakes hands with his lawyers and turns around, Platt gives him a hug and him and Kev do their handshake. Kim pulls him hard and fast, missing how it felt to have his arms around her. The lawyer asks her to sign some paper so she follows him while the rest wait outside. When she's done she finds Adam standing alone.

"Where did they go?" She asks.
"I sent them back to the district to help with Keltons murder," he tells her.
"Is that where you want to go?" She asks.
"No. I want to go home, well your home. If that's okay?" He asks.
"Of course, lets go" She says with a nod.

They get back to her apartment and he slowly enters, taking all the sights in. He was only in jail for 36 hours, but it wasn't a pretty time. He tried his best to blend in and not look at any faces in fear of getting recognized. His only reassurance was he hasn't put away nearly as many criminals as Al did.

"You okay?" Kim asks.
"Yeah. I know I wasn't gone long, I'm just happy to back here," Adam explains.
"Do you want food or to sleep?" She asks.
"Sleep then maybe food after," he says. She laughs, Adam always puts sleep above food. He had the weirdest eating schedule.
They head to her bedroom and lay down just like they've done for the past several weeks. Kim breaks the silence first.
"I was so scared for you," she says not facing him as a tear falls.
"Hey I'm right here darling and I have no intention of going back there," he says as he grabs her shoulder.
"You can't go back there. I'd rather you be a fugitive than end up like.." she starts as she rolls over to face.
"It's going to be okay. You don't want me to be a fugitive, I can't be, it'll be your career on the line too since you vouched for me," he says as he runs his hand through his hair.
"I know, I just can't lose you again," she says.

They stare at each for what seems like forever but is only a few seconds before they both lean in and kiss. A kiss full of emotion and passion, from living together these past few weeks and the built up tension to everything in their history. Their kisses was always easy to get lost in, it was always easy to get lost in each other. What happened next was tomorrow's problem, tonight was only about each other.