Ringing of the Ears

"10-1! 10-1! Shots fired! Be advised plain clothed officers on the scene!" Antonio tells dispatch. Him and Atwater had just rolled up to the house when they heard the shot. The rest of intelligence recognizes Dawson's voice and races to the scene. Atwater and Dawson draw their weapons and head inside. They get all the tech guys out of the house and hear fighting from upstairs.

"Ruzek!" Atwater yells.
"Upstairs hurry!" He yells back.
They run up the stairs and see Marks bloody face in the corner.
"Roll an ambulance! Kim was shot! Hurry!"Adam screams.
"Officer down. We need an ambulance at my location NOW!" Dawson yells across the radio.
"Come on Kim, hang in there" Adam says barely holding it together.

Kevin walks over and places his hands on Kim's wound so Adam can keep holding her. She was shot in her abdomen. Worry is across both of their faces. They hear more sirens as the rest of intelligence rolls up.

"Ruzek! Burgess!" Voight yells as the team enters the house.
"Upstairs!" Antonio yells back. He has mark and Jane in cuffs.
The team reaches the top of the stairs and surveys the scene. Instantly they all look worried when they see Burgess and the blood.
"Kim, hold on! Please hold on" Adam is begging.

The ambulance finally arrives and Halstead ushers them upstairs. The paramedics work on packing the wound to stop the bleeding until they can get her to the hospital.

"Let's go!" The paramedic says.
"I'm riding along" Adam says. Not letting go of Kim's hand.
"I'm going to call Will to give him a heads up,"Halstead says.
"I'm calling Platt she's going to want to be there," Upton says

Antonio places Mark and Jane in a squad car. Adam briefly filled them in on what happened with them and the missing girls. The team all race to the hospital following the ambulance.

"Gunshot wound to the abdomen. GCS of 9,has been unconscious since we arrived on scene BP 87/45, pulse 112 and respiration 10" the paramedic tells Will.
"I need two units of blood and page Rhodes!"Will orders.

The doctors and nurses are almost robotic, pushing meds, hooking her up to a cardiac monitor, getting her clothes off. It's all a blur to Adam.

"Adam I need you to wait in the waiting room. We'll update as soon as we can," Will says.
"No! I'm not leaving her,"Adam responds.
Jay and Atwater have arrived.
"Come on. Let Will do his job. He's going to do everything he can to save our girl," Atwater says.
Adam nods and reluctantly heads to the waiting room.
"How bad is it?" Jay asks his brother.
"She lost a lot of blood and the bullet nicked  her liver. We need to stabilize her and get her to surgery now or we'll lose her" Will explains.
"Do everything,"Jay responds before joining the rest of the team in the waiting room.

"Has anyone called her family?" Voight asks.
"No not yet. Her parents are always hard to reach," Dawson says.
"Nicole. Kim would want her here." Adam says.
"I'll call her," Hailey replies.
"No I will. It'll freak her out less coming from me," Adam says.

Adam steps outside to call Nicole. Hailey is unsure if she should follow him or not. They just broke up, but he's hurting. It's Kim. She follows him outside and puts a hand on his shoulder. Adam manages a small smile before dialing Nicole.

"Hi Nicole it's Adam" Adam says.
"Hi, is everything okay?" Nicole asks.
"I'm sorry to tell you this but Kim has been shot. She's at Chicago med and is going into surgery soon," Adam says in one breath.
"Oh my god. I can't lose her. I can't lose my sister" Nicole says crying.
"I know. She's a tough one, she's proven that before." He replies.
"I'm on my way" Nicole responds before hanging up.

Adam takes a minute to compose himself and him and Hailey head back inside. Platt is waiting for him.

"Adam are you okay", Platt asks.
"Kim was the one who was shot," Adam responds.
Platt pulls him off to the side.
"Adam you know what I meant", she says.
"I'm scared. Just like last time. I'm not leaving till I know she's okay" Adam says, his voice breaking.

Platt pulls him into a hug which shocks the rest of intelligence watching the scene. She always had a soft spot for Kim and by extension, Adam. They walk back over to the rest of the team and wait.
Nicole arrives at the hospital and immediately goes to Adam needing a familiar hug.
Maggie the nurse comes out.

"Guys, Kim is out of surgery. She's lost a lot of blood and is sedated, but they were able to stop the bleeding.Two visitors at a time. She's going to need rest, but you can talk to her. Dr. Halstead is in the room with her till you guys go back. " Maggie says.
"Nicole goes back first," Voight says.
She stands up and grabs Adams arm " Come with me? Please" she asks. He nods and pats her arm and they head off to see Kim.

"We still have two missing girls. We need to find them. I know we all want to be here with Kim but she's in good hands. Let's bring these girls home" Voight tells the team. Kevin stays behind to help Adam and give updates as needed the rest of the team heads back to the precinct.