Staying the Night

The car ride to Kim's apartment is silent. Kim trying to ignore the pain in her abdomen and Adam is trying to calm himself down from having to spend the next few days with Kim. They pull up the complex and Kim shows Adam where to park. He helps het her out of the car and then grabs his duffel bag. They head up to her apartment.

"I'm sorry about the mess," Kim says as they walk into her apartment.
"I'm sure it's not worse than mine," Adam replies.

As they walk in she gives him a quick tour and shows him where the guest bedroom.

"Help yourself to anything in the fridge or cabinets." Kim says.
"Thank you," Adam replies.

There's an uncomfortable silence between the two of them. Neither sure of what to say or do next.

"Do you want me to make you some dinner?" Adam asks.
"Actually could we just order something? I could go for some Chinese" Kim suggests.
"Yeah sure. What would you like?" He asks.
"Chicken fried rice and an egg roll. Just something small and soft to start with. Order whatever you want,it's on me," she says.
"Kim.." He starts.
"Adam you're putting your life on hold for me, the least I can do is buy you dinner," she explains.
"Okay fine. I'll call the order in," he tells her.
"Thanks. I'm going to make a few phone calls to let people know I'm home," she says as she walks to the living room.

Adam calls the order in and then finds himself roaming around the apartment. He's just trying to figure out where things are and let Kim have privacy during her phone calls. He finds a wall of pictures and is surprised to see he is in one of them. Well technically it's a picture of the entire unit, but he has an arm around her. He wishes this was his home too. He slides into what's going to be his bedroom and puts his clothes in the dresser.

"AHHHHHH"Kim screams.
"Kim!" Adam yells as he runs to the living room, his hand on his weapon.
"What's wrong?" He asks as he gets to her, looking around for an intruder.
"I'm sorry. I tried to get up and I pulled my abdomen and it hurt so bad," she says in between the tears. Adam let's out a breath and sits down beside her. He starts to rub her back.

"Hey just breathe okay? Deep breathes. Focus on the breathing, it'll distract you from the pain. What were you going to do?" He asks.
"I have to use the bathroom and I can't even do that on my own," she says frustrated.
"Let me help you. That's why I'm here." He replies. He stands up and puts his arms around Kim in a bear hug.
"On the count of 3..1..2...3" he says.

They stand together. Kim rests her head against his chest trying to catch her breath and regain her composure before walking. Adam can tell she's still upset and instinctively kisses the top of her head. This startled Kim, but she hurts to bad to show it. After a few more seconds she pulls away.

"Okay I'm okay. Thank you. Can you just be close by Incase I need you again?" She asks.
"Of course" He replies with a smile.

She heads to the bathroom and leans against the sink needing to catch her breath again. This time not from pain, but from the moment she just had with Adam. This is going to be a hard week if that keeps happening.

Adam leans against the wall by the bathroom. I can't believe I did that. It's just felt natural and having her back in my arms, clouded my judgment and made me forget everything. The bathroom door opening breaks Adam from his thoughts.

"Can you help me set the table for dinner? It'll be easier to sit at the table for me," Kim asks.
"Of course," Adam replies.

Kim shows Adam where the plates and silverware are and Adam gets them from the cupboard and hands them to Kim.

"There's a beer in the fridge if you want it," she says.
"Thank you," He replies.

He grabs the beer for himself and a soda for Kim and there's a knock at the door signaling the foods here. Kim greets the delivery man and pays. Adam takes the food and sets it on the table and waits for Kim to sit down before starting.

"This is was a good idea," Adam says patting his stomach.
"I agree" Kim says laughing at him.
"I know it's only 830 but I'm exhausted. I'm going to bed. Feel free to watch TV if you want," Kim says.
"Thanks. I'm just gonna clean up and head to bed myself. Goodnight Kim," he replies.
"Goodnight Adam" she replies.

Adam feels something touching his leg in his sleep. He groans and looks at the clock 2:30am. He turns his head the other way to see what's touching his leg and finds Kim standing beside the bed. He immediately sits straight up.

"What's wrong?" Adam exclaims.
"I'm sorry to wake you. I can't sleep. I keep having nightmares of getting shot. It's all I see," Kim says quietly.
"Come here" Adam says and he pats the bed and moves over. Kim hesitates but decides to lay down next to him. Adam pulls her into his chest and kisses her head again.

"It's going to be okay. You're safe. I got you darling" he says.
"Thank you," she says while her heart skips a beat at the old pet name. She settles into his chest and finds herself falling asleep. Adam pulls her close to him and drifts asleep himself.

A phone ringing brings them both out of their sleep. Adams arm draped over Kim's waist. Her body cuddled into Adams.

"Who's phone is that?" Adam asks.
Kim fumbles on the nightstand and picks up the ringing phone. It's Kim's

"Hello?" She answers.
"Hey Kim I heard you got shot I just wanted to see if you're okay" the female asks.
"Yeah I'm okay. But um who is this?" She asks.
"Oh I forgot I got a new number. It's Erin." Erin says.
"Oh my gosh! Erin! How are you?" Kim exclaims as she sits up in the bed. Adam suddenly feeling lonely without her next to him. He decides to make them breakfast so Kim can have privacy.
"I've been good. Hank called me and told me what happened and I wanted to check in on you. Is Nicole staying with you? I hear movement," Erin says.
"Thank for calling, it's been to long. No Nicole is taking Zoe to Florida to see her. It's actually Adam you hear. He hasn't left my side since I was shot," Kim explains.
"I bet he hasn't," Erin smirks. "Sorry to cut this short but I got to go. I'll try to call you later. Behave yourself," Erin jokes.
"Yeah yeah I'll try. Be safe" Kim replies and with that she hung up the phone.

She walks out to the living room to find Adam making scrambled eggs. She's stops to admire him and his shirtless self. He's definitely been working out more and Kim doesn't mind. Adam can feel eyes on him and turns to find Kim staring at him with a smile on her lips.

"Hey, sleep well?" Adam asks with a smirk.
"Yes I did. Thank you," she says as Adam puts eggs on a plate for the two of them.
"Jay texted me and said the team is gonna stop by before work, so 30mins. Just wanted o give you a heads up," Adam says.
"Thanks. I'll just throw on other clothes. They've already seen me at my worst. Thanks for the eggs," she says.
"You're welcome" He replies.

Adam heads to the shower while Kim goes to her room to change clothes. Kim sits down on her bed and starts to undress. She managed to get her bottoms off and change her bra and shirt. She can't figure out how to get her clean sweats and underwear on. She's near tears when she hears the water cut off signaling Adam was down in the shower. She throws a blanket over her lap.

"Adam!" Kim hollers.
Adam hears her yell and quickly throws on jeans before heading to her room.
"You okay?" Adam asks.
"I still can't get my bottom half dressed by myself", she says.
"Do what we did last time?" He asks.
"Um sorta. Just I also can't my underwear up either", she whispers.
"Trust me, okay?" He says.

Kim nods in response and move the blanket so is just covering the top of her thighs. Adam tried grabbing both her underwear and sweats and pulling them up at one shot but it's not working. He carefully pulls her underwear up first and then her sweats. Adam stays kneeling at her feet for a more seconds, needing to catch his breath. He puts his hand on her thigh as he goes to stand and it sends shivers up and down Kim's body and Adam can tell. Kim takes a moment to admire Adam and his shirtless self again. She can't help but like what she sees. They end up staring at each other while Adam leans down and kisses her forehead.

"Not like this," he says as he walks out of the room. Leaving Kim confused on the meaning. She then hears a knock on her apartment door completely forgetting that the rest of the team was swinging by. She quickly pulls everything up the rest of the way. She hears Adam get the door and tell them she'll be a minute. She takes a minute to compose herself before joining the rest of the team.