Finding Brennan

Kim wakes to find the bed empty and she immediately panics, thinking something changed since the bond hearing. She jumps out of bed and opens the door to see Adam standing at the stove making them breakfast. She walks up behind him and wraps her arms around him.

"Good morning, darling," he says.
"Good morning. That smells great," she says.
"Thanks! I figured we should eat well before heading to the district," he explains.
"You wanna go to work?" She asks.
"Yeah, technically I'm suspended but it's better than sitting here. Finding Keltons murderer might help my case. Plus the team needs you," he says. He turns around and kisses her.
"I've missed this," he mumbles into the kiss. She smiles,"me too".

They eat and head into the district. They go through the garage to help Adam avoid the stares and questions. When they get upstairs Kev is the first one to look up.

"Well looks who decided to come to work!," he exclaims. Which gets everyone to look up. They all make their way over to him and welcome him back. Hailey gives him a hug which makes Kim uncomfortable. Voight comes out of his office with Trudy.

"Glad to have you back Ruzek," Hank says.
"Thanks boss," Adam replies.

"We have a hit on one of Brennan's credit cards, it was used 5mins ago at a drugstore on bakers street," Halstead says.
"Kim you and Adam stay here and fine Brennan's car on the pods. The rest of you head to the store," Voight orders

"You know he only had you stay cause I can't technically work on this case," Adam states.
"I know but I'm okay with that. You have more training with the tech stuff than I do," Kim says.

They work in silence tracking the vehicle they believe is Brennan's based on the time stamp on the credit card receipt. Kim calls Voight.

"Srg. It looks like she's in a black Toyota Camry with Michigan plates, we only got a partial KRM. Last spot headed north in Potomac ", Kim tells him.

Voight radios the information over the radio and him and Kev head after the vehicle while Jay and Hailey head to talk to the clerk.

"Voight, the clerk confirms it was Brennan who purchased the items, said she got some basic supplies for an overnight stay," Halstead says.
"Okay, help us cut her off from the west," Voight says.
"Srg! Black Camry," Kev says.

You can say a blonde driving as she turns to look at the sirens. She proceeds to speed up, that's when Jay hits her from the side with the truck, pit maneuver style. She spins and comes to a stop against a telephone.

"Brennan out of the car with your hands up!" Upton orders.
Brennan follows the commands and Jay takes her into custody.
"Hank I had to. He had to be stopped, with both know that," she says.
"Stop talking," Voight tells her.