Chapter 36- Turn off the lights

Narrator POV

She could hear them, their voices echoed and amplified as it filled her. She could feel them snatching and holding onto her soul, and soon her soul match their frequency. These vibrations that entered her body was filled with, thirst, hunger and with revenge. She looks at all the cloaked men before turning her attention to their leader. 

"Vercia," the name of the ruler rolled off of her tongue with a foreign accent one that Marcus was vaguely familiar with.

"You think that we have forgotten you, I can assure you we have not, for years you have tormented our people, each time we rebuild our nation, you and your kind come, and you take, and take, and take." The way how each word rolled off of her tongue it was filled with so much hate.

Marcus stared at her in disbelief, and watched in awe as Alechimus' eyes started to glow like Athena's.

"Your people have taken, destroyed, and we watched helpless, while you snatched the hope away from us, and now it is our turn to snatch that hope from you," Athena's hair starts to float over her shoulder in a wavelike motion, "we were peaceful people, who took you in, fed you, clothed you, bathed you, gave you shelter, took in your sick, yet you have taught us in order for a barren land to bare fruit, there first has to be a flame."

She starts to approach Vercia, and bend down looking at him, his followers were about to approach. When Alechimus steps towards them, when a gush of wind flew from his paws, sending them flying backwards. Marcus didn't understand why Brittney thought Athena would want his help, when she was completely protected by Alechimus.

"Isn't that correct Vercia?" She grabbed his face and sank her nails into his skin until it starts to bleed.

"What should we do to you?" She asks him almost in a whisper as he stares up at her, "should we make you into our little pet and have you as a paramour," Marcus muscles clenched, "tsk tsk tsk, even that is too good for you."

She drops his face and steps away, "Vengeance it is."

She starts to tighten her hand in a fist when Marcus speaks up, "please this is not what Athena would want," he interjects making his presents known.

"And who do you think you are to be telling me this?"

"I am her mate," she starts to cackle.

"You, of all creatures the gods chose you, don't be foolish," with a wave of her hand she sent Marcus flying and hitting a tree breaking it in half.

"Now where was I?" She taps her chin trying to recall before snapping her fingers, "that's right, revenge," the flames around them dimmed.

The chattering of voices was all everyone could hear, when the orange flames turned to blue.

"Athena," her name slipped off of Marcuses lips, she snaps her head in his direction.

"Silly boy," her voice was distorted, "you do not understand do you?" she starts to cackle, "she opened up to me, to us, to a thousand, to millions, we have taken over her body, and we cannot leave until we get what is ours, and that is revenge."

She tilts her head back and screams, "REVENGE!"

The scene before Marcus looked like it was out of a horror movie the way the spirits rushed out of Athena, some were even clawing their way out. He watched as the spirits rushed inside of the cloaked men, "you will suffer the way we did, you will feel our pain, you will scream the same exact way as we did."

The wind starts to howl, and the ground shook with such anger, causing Marcus to cling onto a broken branch for balance as he made his way to his feet.