Chapter Twelve-Traitor

Start from the beginning

"Guys I'm okay, help Noah" I try to say putting it off but they don't budge.

Noah replies "I'm fine, take care of her."

All I get in return from Zach is "why didn't you tell me."

I shrug and reply "I didn't think that a little wound overpowered the imminent threat of enemies."

He shakes his head and intently watches what Tyler is doing, as do I.

"You only got scraped from the bullet, you got lucky" Tyler says as he works.

He takes some rags and holds it tightly on my wound until it stops bleeding.

He then pours some kind of liquid on it then says "We need to stand you up so I can bandage you."

I go to stand up but instead I'm pulled up by Zach.

He holds onto my arm as to make sure I don't fall as Tyler wraps the bandage around my body covering my wound.

He then gives me some medicine and goes back over to Noah.

I pop them into my mouth and Zach sits me down.

"When did you get shot" he asks trying to put the pieces together.

"Well, I'm not sure."

"I woke up being carried by you."

He gets up and I can tell he's angry, but why?

I go to speak but I only get half a word out before his rage filled eyes lock onto mine.

His eyes soften when he sees my fear and he replies "I'm mad at myself, I should have checked you to make sure you weren't hurt before I grabbed you."

I stand up and quickly pull him into a hug.

"Zach you saved me over and over again, I'm fine, it's okay."

I can feel him nod as I stumble back into a tree. My vision starts to get blurry and I see Tyler behind Zach with Noahs gun.

I point in his direction and Zach quickly turns around to be met by the back of Noah's gun.

Zach hits the ground and Noah says "I'm sorry boys, but they want the girl."

"You were my brothers, though I know you don't want to be anymore, but once I give her to them, there will be no more war."
Zach pushes his body off the ground but to only be met by Tylers boot.

Zach rolls over onto his back from the impact and groans in pain.

I can feel my body slowly collapsing as now I am on my knees.

Tyler aims the gun at Noah and says "Zach, tie her hands together, or I promise you I will kill him."

Zach is about to go berserk but I can see him compose himself as he walks over to me.

He does as Tyler says then turns around to face him.

"Zach go sit by Noah and put your hands around the tree behind you."

Zach does this and Tyler ties them both to the tree.

I slowly get enough energy to stand up and take a few steps towards them.

"What did you do to me" I yell out.

He smirks and says "Don't worry about it, you'll be fine......after about a six hour nap."

He comes towards me and I try to back away but the drugs in my system are starting to put me down. He throws me over his shoulders, and as he starts to take us away from them, Zach yells out.

"How could you do this to us."

Tyler stays silent and I start to get sleepy.

"Tyler............this isn't you" I mumble out.

He stops and looks at me and says "You don't know me, now go to sleep before I knock you out."

My body does what he says as there's no fighting it.

Am I really about to be given to the mercenaries, and why am I so important?