Chapter 56 - Time of Death

Start from the beginning

I try to clear my face of any guilt and offer him a nod, because maybe he should know that's future Scott and Addy's problem to figure out though

I see Scott do the same from my periph before Dad nods and holds out his arm for us to follow him out of the office.

⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇⋆✦⋆⋇⋆⋇

The next morning, we begin our plan of finding out who the fuck the benefactor is by having Kira and Liam meet Stiles, Scott and I at our house.

Stiles and I have our laptops already out on the table and wait for Liam to set his on the table as well.

Kira looks around and over to us "Is three enough?"

Stiles shrugs "Depends on how many cameras they have– but I think so."

Liam nervously looks over between Scott and I as he questions "Are we really doing this?"

"We're doing it," I answer as Scott confirms with a nod "Tonight."

Liam shakes his head with his obvious nerves "But isn't it kind of dangerous?"

Stiles scoffs as he quips back "It's incredibly dangerous– and borderline idiotic." aka just another Monday in Beacon Hills

Liam raises his hands slightly off the table "Have you guys done something like this before?"

Stiles narrows his eyes as he shares a look with me and looks over to Liam with his question "Something dangerous, or something idiotic?"

Kira nods her head to the side as she looks from us and over to Liam "I think it's a yes to both."

Scott notices how nervous he looks and leans forward to gain his attention "You don't have to be part of it if you don't want to."

Liam straightens his shoulders to argue back "I'm not scared."

Stiles reaches his arm out to slap his hand on Liam's shoulder "Then you're borderline idiotic" he states with a lighter tone and a wink fuck, I love him

Stiles steps back next to me, setting his hand on my waist and I wrap my arm around his lower back as he looks to Scott and continues "If we do this, we don't know what's coming for us. You know that, right?"

Kira shakes her head across the table from us "How do we even know something's definitely coming?"

I tilt my head to the side "Because the tape from Garrett's bag said visual confirmation required."

Stiles grips my side as he elaborates "Simon said the same thing. He couldn't get paid by the benefactor until he had proof that you guys were dead."

Scott looks from us and over to Kira and Liam "So the idea is, what if you kill someone on the dead pool, but you can't send the proof?"

"You don't get paid" Kira fills in before Liam shakes head "But how does that get us any closer to the benefactor?"

I look over to him and shrug "The benefactor still needs to know if the target is really dead."

Stiles lifts his other hand from the table to go with his words "Especially if it's someone high on the list."

Catching on to what we're getting at Liam nods "So, if he wants visual confirmation..."