𝒯𝓌𝑒𝓃𝓉𝓎 𝒯𝒽𝓇𝑒𝑒

Start from the beginning

"I need her to sign something." He simply said, while pulling up outside the club. "I need you to sign it as well."

"What is it?" Deborah asked, noticing that he looked uncomfortable with the topic.

Tommy sighed and ran a hand along his face. "It's the deed to a trust fund, for you and all my nieces and nephews." He revealed.

Deborah had not been expecting that. "Why are you doing this now?" She asked, furrowing her eyebrows.

"In case I had an untimely death." He said. "I'm putting my affairs in order, like an man would."

"No." Deborah shook her head. "A man would wait until he is married and has a wife and children he can leave his money to." She reminded him.

"Well, I don't think that will be happening to me anytime soon." Tommy grumbled, before stepping out of the car and slamming the door shut.

Deborah stayed frozen in place, as she watched him storm into the grand building of the club. His words rang in her ears, making her heart sink as they repeated. Tommy had no plans for them in his future and it mad Deborah physically sick. It was if he didn't see them making it in the long run and he didn't care what happened to his life.

As she sat there, running through the many scenarios for Tommy's actions in her head, Deborah realised why he was doing all of this now. He was afraid of losing her, of her leaving him. He didn't doubt their relationship, he doubted himself and fears that his actions might eventually lead to her leaving him. And in that moment, Deborah knew exactly what she had to do to prove to Tommy that there was nothing he could do that would drive her away.

When she saw Tommy walk back towards the car, nearly twenty minutes later, she noticed how he looked more pissed off then he did when he left. Deborah jumped out of the car and rushed to stop him before he could get in.

"What Deborah?" Tommy muttered, avoiding eye contact.

"What are you afraid of, Tommy?" He questioned, watching him carefully for his reaction. "Why won't you just ask me?"

By the look on his face, Tommy knew exactly what she was talking about. "I'm afraid things will be too good." He finally admitted. "That I'll fuck everything up again."

The young women smiled softly and studied the man before her. He had been through so much in the last eight years and it had taken him so long to admit the one thing Deborah needed to hear. Hiding his emotions had always been easy for Tommy, but not when he was around Deborah. So, in that moment, the young women knew exactly what she had to do.

"I've loved you for the last eighteen years, Thomas Shelby. I'm ready to be your wife, have your children and deal with your stubborn ass for the rest of my life." She giggled. "Would you like to marry me?"

Tommy who had been standing in front of her in shock, listening to every word she told him carefully, finally snapped out of his daze. "Yes, Deborah Rose, I would be honoured." He finally said, a large smile on his face.

Deborah squealed and launched herself into his arms, giggling when he lifted her off the ground. The couple basked in their joy, oblivious to the people on the crowded streets on London. Tommy carefully placed her back on the ground. He used his finger and thumb to pull her chin towards him, placing a soft kiss on her lips and using the hand that was resting on her lower back to pull her closer. She smiled against his lips, running her nose against his softly, before she kissed him more passionately, taking her turn to bite down on his lower as they pulled apart.

"I love you." She hummed, beaming with excitement.

Tommy looked down at her with a lazy grin. "I love you too." He told her, before suddenly pulling away and reaching to grab a black velvet box from his pocket. "If only you could have waited for me to give you this."